• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Like a kid

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I get photos taken of me at events. But for some reason there is always this old guy that comes out.
I’m just shy of six foot, deep read beard with just a hint of grey, athletic.
But this shorter guy with all grey beard and bald!!!! WTH?
Well I know I’m some where to be found, at least in my head
Head is a crowded spot. The guy in the mirror lets me know he’s around every morning when I get up.
Then the ‘real me’
Then this kid, he is about five.
He comes out now and then. He’s out right now.
Got an email from UPS I got a long slim box due for delivery tomorrow.
Then I got a email from loyalist arms, they said to expect the box Friday
So this little kid in my head is dancing like an excited puppy. And every bit of traffic on the road he looks to see a brown truck.
Hey it’s 4pm
Come on kid you got 24 hours
24 hours that’s a whole day… hey I hear something is that them? Sometimes they come early, I bet that’s them
Then this old guy yells, would you too shut up, might be Friday before their here
Friday in whinny voice
It goes on

I know the feeling. I'm getting older and started feeling all those old injuries every day. But in my mind I'm still the same young strong dude I used to be and also get that giddy 'kid' feeling in similar situations. Last week I ordered a buttpad for my shotgun from Numrich and had that same reaction. Over a buttpad... In this troubled world it is great to still get that feeling over the little stuff. But the truth is the older I get the better I was.

Just had a long box arrive a while ago, and now I'm too tired from waiting up to sign for it and will be lucky if I make it down the hall to bed. Nice original caplock double in that box and too tired to open it. "Years are only a mind thing"....well....tell that to my body. But this is what tomorrow will be like: Refreshed from sleep....light a candle for ambience....and slowly open this beautiful cardboard box....

Just had a long box arrive a while ago, and now I'm too tired from waiting up to sign for it and will be lucky if I make it down the hall to bed. Nice original caplock double in that box and too tired to open it. "Years are only a mind thing"....well....tell that to my body. But this is what tomorrow will be like: Refreshed from sleep....light a candle for ambience....and slowly open this beautiful cardboard box....
Congrats. Ah, the excitement of a new old gun... Gonna share some pictures?

Came in today, I was much impressed. Smooth trigger pull, wood metal fit every bit as good as I make on my gun…. That’s to say as good as perdisoli not as good as a custom maker
Bore is smooth as glass
The stock is unfinished I’ve got a bit of forearm wood to remove and I’m going to paint it
The barrel looks chrome but that’s fixable
And need to fix up a rear sight. The front sight is a bayonet lug.
Touch hole correctly placed, sparks like a dream.

Last edited:
Came in today, I was much impressed. Smooth trigger pull, wood metal fit every bit as good as I make on my gun…. That’s to say as good as perdisoli not as good as a custom maker
Bore is smooth as glass
The stock is unfinished I’ve got a bit of forearm wood to remove and I’m going to paint it
Sounds like a great little project.

Bore is smooth as glass
You mentioned painting it. What does that involve?

I know the feeling. My box is supposed to be here tomorrow. Oh wait, I hear a truck, let me go look. Ouch! My knees! Nope, just the garbage truck.
I'm beginning to think that we forum members are getting very good at waiting for boxes. Seems like I'm always looking for the mail. Or the UPS guy. Or the FedEx guy......

Latest posts

Back