• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lexington rifle..........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaintuck

54 Cal.
Reaction score
;D
been lazy and absent for a few months....sorta job, family, sickness, you know~~~
any ways, i want to tinker, and put the sights in....when a lock gets to me, someday, i will be able to drill the tang holes and brown the barrel........so it will age the sights to the barrel~
20160410_150447_zpsbs7v8tdh.jpg

20160410_123050_zpswpyt25hr.jpg

20160410_123116_zpskkbeqphl.jpg

nice little feather sight, what does the feather mean????...heck if i know...something a-kin to swiftness of the ball???

anyhow...tomtom said to let you folks know I'm still alive and kickin.................... ;D

marc n tomtom

You're a brave man Kaintuck. A long tailed rear sight like that has to be really square to the bore line or it looks like hell. Those dovetails look fine.

Thank you.....the rear sight was by files only.....not the usual hacksaw method. That feather has no tolerance and three file strokes, try fit, then three more, try fit......patience is the word!!!!

Next is working toe plate to the butt plate.....then modify the top of the bp to look like a Lexington rifle somewhat :hmm:

Marc n tomtom

Back