• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wall mounted rifle display

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had some free time yesterday afternoon…well, honestly, I was just sick of putting up with the people I work with… Being self employed means it’s a quick conversation when I tell the boss to pi$$ off!

It’s been a challenging year health wise for me and I am really focusing on the things that make this life worth the trouble. For me that is my two boys at home aged 14 and 11. They both turn a year older this summer, but it just reminds me how soon they will be gone. Well enough of that…

My soon to be 15 year old is 6’2 already and a damn fine shot. It has really come together for him in the last six months shooting iron sights and his muzzleloaders. I have 2000 yard rifles and he is very solid to 1200 or so…but irons are a different animal as we all know. But, two weeks ago we were out shooting and he was stacking balls on top of each other off hand at 50 yards. Hurrah!!

He is cross dominant, so lefty on long guns. I picked up his Leman from a friend and rebarreled it to .58 with a Rice barrel. Rice is money well spent! The Enfield we got at the Gettysburg reenactment a few years ago. Both are his, and favorites of his as well.

Had a bunch of this barn wood and since my rifles are hung up around the house I figured I would get his out of the corner in his bedroom.

It didn’t come out too bad! Used three pieces of 1x4 vertically on the backside and painted them black so you couldn’t see them. Laid out the guns and then placed the screws holding it together behind where the guns would be to hide them. Also used wood glue. That worked out well.

Cut, stained and glued the dowels. Going to add a short shelf at the top. The knives are hiding the hooks and screws mounting it to the wall. The shelf will conceal those and give a spot to display other stuff.

Not a bad four hour investment. He wants to get started with AMM and The Texas Army next year…that’s gonna get fun! He is already snorting and ready to go to rendezvous this summer.

Come to think of it, this child is too!!

119A170C-EACB-4AB7-99B0-236BCC1EF5EA.jpeg

DE412C97-FF8E-4779-A1DF-694CA156E385.jpeg

That sir is a nice display. Pardon me for being brazen enough to ask why you chose to display the "old" items with the modern warfare photo. I can't help but think their is a metaphor there that I'm missing.

Cool! I did similar, but hadn't thought about adding a knife or hawk to the display ... maybe because I keep them in the truck, so I'm ready to throw them at the wood target butt anytime I'm at the BP range. Hmmmmmmmmmm ... but there is a war club!

This is my office 'man cave'. Don't mind the piece of gym exercise equipment standing in the way of a full view of the NDN in the French & Indian War poster from NY. I just LOVE the Last of the Mohicans and the pre-F&IW era ...

Office.jpg

Last edited:
That sir is a nice display. Pardon me for being brazen enough to ask why you chose to display the "old" items with the modern warfare photo. I can't help but think their is a metaphor there that I'm missing.

Tell me you don’t have a 15 year old boy, without telling me you don’t have a 15 year old boy.

No disrespect to mounting a rifle on the wall; it might even be a place of honor for a gun of special significance.

I've got four rifles mounted in frames or on racks hanging on my walls as display pieces; unfortunately I dare not post pics of them because they're all "cartridge guns" and will probably just get deleted by a moderator. One of those rifles is up there as a non-shootable collectible; the others are also collectibles but could be dismounted and shot if and when I wanted.

One or the other of my two flintlock rifles will probably also end up on the wall, mounted in a display frame as a display piece, but I haven't yet decided which. They're both pretty and they both shoot pretty well, so it's a hard choice.

I used to mount mine using leather straps and a hook, but no more.
under the gun laws any displays must be in a room that is virtually impregnable and even antiques on display must be in a deadbolted room, not visible from outside the room and any windows must have secure metal screens.

Value your Second Amendment.

I think some distinction between "storage" and "display" needs be made wrt to "wall-hangers". I note one of @IanH wall-hangers is sans lock. Hardly a display piece.

Also, as noted by @leadhoarder some states have onerous storage mandates. (Hopefully to be struck dowh by the courts, but still a concern for "display").

I used to mount mine using leather straps and a hook, but no more.
under the gun laws any displays must be in a room that is virtually impregnable and even antiques on display must be in a deadbolted room, not visible from outside the room and any windows must have secure metal screens.
You poor Aussies. :(

Back