• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Leonard Day Swivel Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIM1911

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone , I have just purchesed a Swivel Barrel double .50 Cal Leonard Day percussion Rifle. The gun is like new and I don't think it has ever been fired . The only problem is that there is a bit of play a the swivel joint .I would like to tighten it up a little but have no idea how to. I am hoping someone on here may be able give me a pointer or two on how to tighten it up.
DSCF5218.jpg

I would try to get the facts from Mr Day himself. Some members here have his #

Removing the lockplates will give you access to the screw and nut that holds the barrels to the frame. Tighten the nut, and you are in business.

Back