• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN REDUCED Fine Leonard Day .54 Jaeger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one more (proof of ignorance) question.... How is the barrel attached to the stock? from the side it looks clean, (no pins) something on bottom??
Two pins.
20221024_115230.jpg
20221024_115222.jpg

Yep .62 or if enough in the barrel wall .75 cal round bottom rifling and 1-66 twist, also move the lock to the left side. Nice rifle I have one of Leonards swivel breech rifles in .50 cal and it has a left hand lock, the neat thing about the rifle is it came with a inter changing percussion lock, took me a long time to find one but it is now all mine.😉 Fine smoothbore there even if you need to have it rifled.

Fantastic smoothbore .54 cal Jaeger by master builder Leonard Day, well known for his fine swivel guns. It has a 26” octagon barrel with a bright excellent bore and possibly unfired. This gun could be bored out to .58 and rifled by Bobby Hoyt for less than $200, round trip. The metal surfaces retain about 98% original plum-brown The top flat is engraved “Made by Leonard Day”. It has an R.E. Davis & Co. lock. All fittings are browned. The stock is in very fine to near excellent condition showing some scattered very small dings and minor handling marks,mostly along the sides of the butt and toe line. The wood has a beautiful tiger stripe grain figure with a nicely fitted sliding wooden patchbox cover. The sights consist of a fancy square-notch rear and low profile brass blade front.The lock has double set triggers. A light handy gun by a master builder who is no longer with us. $1950 + Shipping.

View attachment 163392View attachment 163393View attachment 163394View attachment 163395View attachment 163396View attachment 163397View attachment 163398View attachment 163399View attachment 163400View attachment 163401
Please contact me I have a buyer for this Jaeger, Thanks
[email protected]

Fantastic smoothbore .54 cal Jaeger by master builder Leonard Day, well known for his fine swivel guns. It has a 26” octagon barrel with a bright excellent bore and possibly unfired. This gun could be bored out to .58 and rifled by Bobby Hoyt for less than $200, round trip. The metal surfaces retain about 98% original plum-brown The top flat is engraved “Made by Leonard Day”. It has an R.E. Davis & Co. lock. All fittings are browned. The stock is in very fine to near excellent condition showing some scattered very small dings and minor handling marks,mostly along the sides of the butt and toe line. The wood has a beautiful tiger stripe grain figure with a nicely fitted sliding wooden patchbox cover. The sights consist of a fancy square-notch rear and low profile brass blade front.The lock has double set triggers. A light handy gun by a master builder who is no longer with us. $1950 + Shipping.

View attachment 163392View attachment 163393View attachment 163394View attachment 163395View attachment 163396View attachment 163397View attachment 163398View attachment 163399View attachment 163400View attachment 163401
You will have to call or text me, for some reason I can not send an email to you, call me or text me @570-878-9655

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back