• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lead Source.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have seen all of the statements about muzzle loading supplies and the scarceness of them ,or not. I realized that I have a lot in my basement as I'm a stained glass window maker.
If you need lead go to your local glass supplies shop. It is called lead came ,there you will find it in six foot long strips. So ,just my offering.
Luck, John

How does that compare in price to scrap lead or say roto metals prices? I don't know what scrap price is these days, roto's 99.9% pure 1lb ingots are $3.19. Shipping's probably ridiculous though.

I bought a 60 pound pig from rotometal. It is normally 139 dollars with free shipping. You can wait and get 10% off with free shipping.

A friend called and said, "Hey. I heard you were getting into muzzleloading. I've got a bunch of pure lead you can have if you want it."

Well....sure. Thanks! :)

wm

I go to my local scrap dealer. Paid one dollar a pound for lead. They let me sort through the box taking the pieces I want. I just picked up 150 pounds or so. Including a bag of shot.

Fleener

Try a roofing supply company. I bought a couple of 11 pound sheets rolled up nicely to carry away.
Not all companies will have it, and it isn't the cheapest source, but it seems to be pure lead.
And it was available locally with no shipping charges.
About $40.00 USD for 11 pounds around here. ($3.63 per pound)
Probably cheaper where you are.

I used to get all of the lead and brass I needed from our local recycling center/scrap yard , but they stopped selling to the public. I have enough lead for several years left, but I need more brass rods for ramrod tips and the price for new is really high.

Back