• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lead ammo ban in Wisconsin?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just FYI. There is a question on the Conservation Congress asking whether lead ammo should be banned for hunting in Wisconsin. You can vote tonight, or online later this week.

Isn't this just for Wisconsin residents to participate in? Aside from that, what are the details or specifics of this lead ban? Is this lead ban for waterfowl hunting on Federal Refuges, deer hunting throughout the state, squirrel hunting with my pellet rifle? The question for the Conservation Congress seems too broad--the devil is in the details. Any links to this?

There is no evidence of any health or environmental harm from lead bullets. NONE!

I was working in a closely related scientific field at the time the California lead bullet ban at the time it was adopted. I followed it all very closely.

The excuse was condors. The fact is that no reliable evidence was ever offered to support the idea that lead bullets were poisoning condors. It was all, ....ALL!, a fabrication.

The person who fabricated the evidence was employed by a notorious state run university. She was an activist. Her methodology was debunked. FBI had used it, lead isotope ratios, cases were overturned. It is junk science. She made it all up. Her "data" was all conveniently destroyed before it could be reviewed.

Fight hard in Wisconsin. The opposition cheats. They are relentless.

They claim they have found several bald eagles that have had or died from lead poisoning. Who/what group debunked this?

Simply telling them that Scota@4570 says there is no evidence won't get me far.

Even so, even if it were true that some bald eagles were dying from lead poisoning, it shouldn't matter. Eagles are making a great comeback in Wisconsin. Every year there are more eagles than the previous year. So whatever the mortality cause is doesn't matter it is not enough to threaten the eagle population.

Saying we have to ban lead ammo because some eagles get lead poisoning is as stupid as saying we have to ban driving cars because deer get killed from cars.

Thanks for posting that info. I'm not a hunter, but I'm going to post my online opinion as soon as the comment period goes "live" because I'm concerned about these nitpicking bit by bit infringements on the Second Amendment simply by so-called "common-sense" regulations.

They claim they have found several bald eagles that have had or died from lead poisoning. Who/what group debunked this?

Even so, even if it were true that some bald eagles were dying from lead poisoning, it shouldn't matter. Eagles are making a great comeback in Wisconsin. Every year there are more eagles than the previous year. So whatever the mortality cause is doesn't matter it is not enough to threaten the eagle population.

Saying we have to ban lead ammo because some eagles get lead poisoning is as stupid as saying we have to ban driving cars because deer get killed from cars.
How many raptors die from wind turbines? The left doesn't want to talk about that.

That is part of the "cheat". You can not prove a negative. You can however invent evidence to support a falsehood.

What is their evidence? Evidence.... not allegations or theories. They will not likely disclose it because it can not stand up to scrutiny. And, even if we win this round they will be back, shopping judges and pushing agendas. We are not dealing with honest and reasonable people. They have an agenda and all the time and money they need to make it happen.

I've been warned about discussing politics, I stop now.

More good would be done if they - instead of banning lead - started a group to go out and pickup all the billions of tons of bullets/balls fired just since the revolution. Or maybe just FROM the revolution and the Northern Invasion of the South.

Back