• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

KS UH buggy rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRW

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I posted this under builder bench wasn't sure whether it fit there or here, anyway working on getting all done mounted a scope on it last week, and am waiting for the .429 rb's to arrive so we can test fire it

MVC-093S.jpg

MVC-092S.jpg

Needless to say, I love underhammers.
BUT that is a fine looking Buggy Gun!
Please tell us a little more about your project.
Did you make the action? What cal.? What length of barrel?
Enquireing minds want to know!
I know some will critique the scope....But I'm sure that is a tube sight....of course it is.

that is one cool looking peice like the idea of the detachable stock . :bow: :bow: :thumbsup:

Except for about 12 various size machine screw/ setscrew/ wood screws and 1 roll pin for the hammer to pivot on and the scope , everything else is shop made. The action is a Hilliard action copied out of Logan's book, the frame is machined from 1 1/4 brass bar stock, the barrel is a scrap piece of 4140 barstock bored .4375 and then rifled in our General motors rack and pinon steering gear sine bar rifling machine. The stock wood is from a pecan tree that blew down in a wind storm a couple of years ago and we had a sawmill slab it out for us , it is stained with aqua fortis. All of the pins and such are welding rod stubs or small scrap pieces of steel or brass laying around the shop. Oh the saw handle pattern is from Logans book as well I sort of call this my Billinhurst/Hilliard gun because I used a comination of the two styles either in the action or frame. The barrel is also easily removed by loosing three set screws, when I get time I may fit an extra 15ga shotgun barrel to it. There were two of us working on several aspects of this gun so I can't take all of the credit. total cost of gun including scope was under $50.00 for materials since most of it is scrap , giveaway, or surplus material.

My favorite kind of rifle/pistol/buggy gun. Underhammers forever! :applause:

Back