• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

KIK brand powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has been several KIK threads in the past, not sure why they don't show in a search. But the consensus is it is a very good powder. :thumbsup:

It works fine in my smoothbores I have not tried it in my rifle guns yet. I can get KIK powder near my house for $13.41 a pound. That is an incentive for me to use it.

I'd bet a 25 pound order of KIK would be a great deal, then. It is still imported, isn't it?

KIK is a darn good powder. Maybe not technically as good as Swiss, but it doesn't have the same price tag either. It burns a little cleaner than Goex and shot to shot velocity is a little more consistent.

I won some kik a few years back . Since I found it to be at least as clean burning as Goex and cheaper I did some serious testing and found that I actually had less deviation shot to shot on velocity than I did with Goex. So I ordered a case and hve been shooting it for over a year with good results. ( The fact that I cann't shoot accurately anymore has nothing to do with the powder. Just old eyes, and a torn up right hand . ) I heard that the company that made it went bankrupt and what is over here is probably the last that cross the pond. ) :hmm: :hmm:

ohio ramrod said:
company that made it went bankrupt and what is over here is probably the last that cross the pond. ) :hmm: :hmm:
Yeah, I remember reading that also. Will have to get an order together before it is gone.

I got my last case from Powder Inc. They screwed up the order the first time and straightened it out at their expense right away. Good people to deal with. :hmm:

We needed to put together a powder order and after giving it some thought, I ended up ordering some KIK after hearing good reviews of it. Should be in next week and I can't wait to get some range time in with it. :thumbsup:

You should be happy with it. The only complaint I have about it is it isn't MADE IN USA.I believe we need another U.S. maker of black. But I realise that with the curent legal situation that isn't likely to happen. To many law suits and not enough demand.

Went outside to find my order on the porch. I got 5 lbs of 3F and 4 lbs of 2F and for the first time since shooting bp, 1 can of 4F to try for the hell of it. :thumbsup:

Back