• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kids these days…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_7551.jpeg

Always focused on gambling and drinking, instead of glorious knightly combat!

(A 1620s cartoon a friend sent me)

The drugs of choice back in the day I was in HS (mid '60's) were nicotine and alcohol. Hmmmm .... not much has changed? Except maybe kids don't get in trouble any more for mere dress code and grooming violations, like we did. The kinds of trouble we got into back then were more conducted outside school and school hours.

I might change that subject to "Parents These Days". My daughter is a high school math teacher and the other day she caught a 12-year-old vaping. She took it away. The next day the kids mother came into school and demanded the return of the kids vape as it was his Christmas present. She was nasty, rude and a real jerk. I cannot get my head around any parent giving their kid a vape no matter what age. Very sad.

I might change that subject to "Parents These Days". My daughter is a high school math teacher and the other day she caught a 12-year-old vaping. She took it away. The next day the kids mother came into school and demanded the return of the kids vape as it was his Christmas present. She was nasty, rude and a real jerk. I cannot get my head around any parent giving their kid a vape no matter what age. Very sad.
I applaud your daughter and hope your daughter dragged the kid and mother to the principles office!

I graduated highschool in 2013 (a kid by the standards of this forum), so it was the period between cigarettes becoming uncool and vapes becoming popular. “Everyone” drank alcohol and smoked pot, instead. Funny how stuff changes. As an outsider looking in, vaping looks so dorky.
TobJohn: Do you shave yet?

Wow, there may be a legal obligation for the teacher/school to report this incident, for it may well constitute a form of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Ahh, youth. Sneaking out to smoke cigarettes stolen from mothers' purses that smelled like Doublemint gum, drinking warm Heidelburg from the little brown keg bottles, desperately hoping to get a girl to sign an Olympia beer four-dot label and getting kicked in the stomach in the junior high bathroom by a ninth-grader wearing Beatle boots. You have to have been there. 😄

Ahh, youth. Sneaking out to smoke cigarettes stolen from mothers' purses that smelled like Doublemint gum, drinking warm Heidelburg from the little brown keg bottles, desperately hoping to get a girl to sign an Olympia beer four-dot label and getting kicked in the stomach in the junior high bathroom by a ninth-grader wearing Beatle boots. You have to have been there. 😄
You’ll have to explain the signing of the beer label to a Southerner. We didn’t have Oly when I was in high school.

Back