• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kentucky by Traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennis benedict

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My son has a Kentucky rifle by Traditions with the brass spacer in the for stock. When he shoots this rifle the stock separates by the brass spacer. I have used all kinds of glues to try to stop this separating but too no end. What else can I do? Thank you for your help. Dennis.

I have two cva's, which I am sure a similar. The ramrod pipes which screw to the barrel through the forward stock should be holding it in place. You may want to try to tighten that up!

If for some reason that fails, you could replace the two metal guide pins with wood, and glue that.

I have never seen the problem! Maybe you are missing parts??

MB

I have read in here awhile ago that some guys took the brass spacer out and used it as a tinplate to cut a piece out of wood. Glue the wooden spacer in and use wooden dowels, instead of the brass pins. Sand the stock down and restain it. This wooden spacer almost blends in with the stock and gives the appearance of a one piece stock. I have not tried this myself, but it sounds good and logical. Might be something worth looking into.

cowpoke1955 said:
I have read in here awhile ago that some guys took the brass spacer out and used it as a tinplate to cut a piece out of wood. Glue the wooden spacer in and use wooden dowels, instead of the brass pins. Sand the stock down and restain it. This wooden spacer almost blends in with the stock and gives the appearance of a one piece stock. I have not tried this myself, but it sounds good and logical. Might be something worth looking into.

I gave that one a try, and it was a real pain! Maybe others can do it.

Actually they are great shooting guns!

owned traditions kentucky for a few years now and love it.

Reviews by people who dont have a clue to what they are doing means nothing to me.

Heck i even with the pro's i take their reviews with a grain of salt.

A+ for the kentucky i own and an even BIGGER A+ for the accuracy!

"Actually they are great shooting guns"

The several I have owned over the years could hold their own along a trail walk, I think it is funny that with all the non period non PC/HC stuff on these and other guns that that spacer bothers so many people :hmm:

Only have one Traditions in a .32 Crockett. Amazing accuracy once I worked the kinks out. I've got some expensive semi customs that can't hold a candle to it on the 10 ring :wink: Can't say I like the lock as it is overtimed. Thinking of replacing that, though.

Giz

I have one, and my daughter has a modified CVA version. I cant see where the movement is coming from, the barrel is helld in the stock by the tang bolt and the front section is held to the barrel by 2 pins in the wood through a barrel lug. SO there SHOULDNT be that much movement. I have no gap on either of ours. Missing barrel lug?

I've got a CVA version of the same gun and although I haven't had the looening problem, I didn't really like the way it looked.
So I wrapped mine in the area where the brass shim is with rawhide. It is about 1/2" wide and long enough to go around stock and barrel 3 times with a tail to put though for a "repaired" look. Just wet it so it's pliable and when it dries it forms real tight to the stock and barrel.
100% better look and hides the shim...Bud
cva.JPG

tg said:
"Actually they are great shooting guns"

The several I have owned over the years could hold their own along a trail walk, I think it is funny that with all the non period non PC/HC stuff on these and other guns that that spacer bothers so many people :hmm:

I agree with TG!

Folks also remember that there were some old original rifles with brass spacers! Now of course they didn't do this to these moderns to be pc!

I am not saying these models are pc, but you sure can do allot to them and not worry!

MB

Picture017-3.jpg

Hi Duke,

Traditions is a daughter of Ardesa. But they sell the better production guns of Ardesa in the USA because of the bigger market. I was able to compare a Ardesa Deeerhunter with my Traditions Deerhunter. The Traditions is much better in all details like trigger weight, barrel, lock, etc.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Actually, Ardesa is a company in Spain that has been in the business of building guns for years and years.

They were the company which supplied the CVA with its Spanish single shot imports both rifles, shotguns and pistols.
They were the company that made the Juker's and they are still in business making guns for Traditions.

While they don't market their guns directly in the U.S.A. they do sell them in Europe and the U.K.

They are also making those modern looking muzzleloading abominations that are imported into the U.S.A. by CVA and others.

Thank you everybody for your help. I got this gun for my son when he was only 12 years old. And now he 30. So he grew up with this rifle. When he got older and started shooting heavy loads in it that is when the separation started. Yes this rifle is very accurate. He brags how he out shoos me all the time with it. I shoot a Penn. rifle in 45 cal. with a L&R Durs Egg flintlock. I may just have to take out the brass spacer and put in a wood spacer and refinish the stock. Thanks again for your help. Dennis.

Latest posts

Back