• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just popping in

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Headspace12

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hey All,

I just wanted to touch base as is proper forum etiquette and say hey to the community. I am not really a muzzle loader guy at all, though I have always thought about getting one to play with. I mostly enjoy collecting Mosin Nagants and similar type rifles, though I have an appreciation and love of everything that goes bang. Aside from collecting I do quite a bit of reloading, some minor gunsmithing for friends and family, and some building as well, not just AR assembling, but I have made quite a few sub MOA AKs as well as some other things.

To get right to the center of my intentions - I found a very old muzzle loader in an antique shop, and scooped it up as it intrigued me... I can not tell if it is real or a forgery, and have had an internal argument that I will post more about in the questions section.

I am hoping that some of you who are more knowledgeable can educate me on what I have found, as your forum seems to have had the most "hits" when I search Google, but nothing exactly answering what I need. It will be a long post - I have put a great deal of thought into this, but maybe we can get to the bottom of what the back, dark, dusty, hidden (literally all those words) corner of an antique shop turned up.

I'll start writing down my thoughts now! :)

Thanks,

Headspace

Hey all!

I rambled on in detail about my antique store find in the firearms ID section under the thread "A Wild Weekend" - I cant wait to see what ya'll come up with....

Welcome from Maine. Please post photos or ask in the Firearm identification section . This section is for introductions only.
Nit Wit

Back