• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just ordered a Uberti Walker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nhmoose said:
An online auction house has a vendor offering Walkers for $269.00 & Shipping.

They have sold many so far.

Yeah...that's what I said in my first post when I said I bought one.

Rob

Those buying these would do well to bleach there cylinders with a solution of vinegar and water. There are instructions on how to do this properly on the net. Here are some photos of original Walkers in superb condition, you'll notice no blued cylinders:

33xxxsh.jpg

Jx9a_Rc_Fj3d_TSBo_Jhg_Y52_Fd_Byp0_RDz2x_Jzgcu_Ou8_Qhl_QCY1503923571250.jpg

I did mine with EvapoRust. It won't affect the polish of the cylinder at all. You don't have to do it but it does provide a nice contrast and is correct for the Colt Walker (only).

Thanks, guys. I never knew the Walker had the cylinder left "in the white".

Mine arrived last week while I was away. I took a quick look at it yesterday but left it in the bag due to all of the oil. It did not have any paperwork or manual with it--I'll contact the seller about that (and also look for one on Uberti's website).

Rob

Not sure about the Uberti Walker, but my Richland Arms Walker is indestructible. Had it since the mid 70's and have shot it often. I have even fanned it a couple of times, real fun. Just put a rubber band around the loading lever. Recently I cast a 255 grain .452 diameter conical to see if it would work in the Walker to give it some punch, as if it needs more. I made a loading block as the conical is too tall to load in the gun.
wth 40 grains of Pyrodex P it rocks.

Latest posts

Back