• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jug Choke

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a guy, I think in Massachusetts, that does it. Name and contact info escape me at the moment, but someone will chime in with it eventually.
If you read through enough topics here about jug chokes you will find it.

There is a guy, I think in Massachusetts, that does it. Name and contact info escape me at the moment, but someone will chime in with it eventually.
If you read through enough topics here about jug chokes you will find it.

I have his information written down somewhere.
Will see if I can find it.

Lowell doesn't like to work in the winter as his lathe is in his unheated garage, but you might call him to see for sure. His health hasn't been great in the past couple years either. He has done all of my jug choking for 30 years or more.

Thanks for all of the great responses! I called Danny Caywood and listened to his thoughts and advice and decided that is where I'd get the work done. Just got back from the Fed Ex store and the barrel is on the way! Thanks again!

Mike Orlean.jpg

jug chaoke you can cutt off barrel with pipe cutter to get jug choke
thats what i was told
Someone told you wrong. All that's accomplished by cutting off the end of a barrel is you get a cylinder bore. Do a search of jug choke to see what it looks like. Internally it resembles a jug, hence the name.

Latest posts

Back