• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I've Searched and Searched but Cannot Find a Scope Base for Frankenstuffer.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

64Springer

75 Cal.
Reaction score
All three of my Frankenstuffer barrels are exactly one inch in diameter.

Days of online searching has turned up nothing. Anyone personally know of a base that runs between .950 and 1.00 inch?

Any bigger and the base will wobble on the barrel. At .950ish the outside edges of the radius will keep the base aligned. The one shown is 1.115 inches. But it's a tad misaligned.

As always, many thanks in advance.

PS: I accept any and all comments and or criticisms in my threads.

Attachments

• IMG_2993.JPG
    IMG_2993.JPG
    528.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
You’ve probably already done this, but see if you can find a base or rail for a T/C Encore ml barrel. Those are a 1” diameter barrel.

You’ve probably already done this, but see if you can find a base or rail for a T/C Encore ml barrel. Those are a 1” diameter barrel.
Thank you for the lead. I'll look into it.

Weaver nor any other base maker lists radii when they lay out their base descriptions.

This is what I'm up against. It's terrible. If manufacturers would list radii in inches, they'd sell more bases.

Cuzz custom gun builders need bases too.

Last edited:
All three of my Frankenstuffer barrels are exactly one inch in diameter.

Days of online searching has turned up nothing. Anyone personally know of a base that runs between .950 and 1.00 inch?

Any bigger and the base will wobble on the barrel. At .950ish the outside edges of the radius will keep the base aligned. The one shown is 1.115 inches. But it's a tad misaligned.

As always, many thanks in advance.

PS: I accept any and all comments and or criticisms in my threads.
Say bro, gotta ‘ax’ ya, you be ’Bloods’ or ‘Crips’?

Thank you for the lead. I'll look into it.

Weaver nor any other base maker lists radii when they lay out their base descriptions.

This is what I'm up against. It's terrible. If manufacturers would list radii in inches, they'd sell more bases.

Cuzz custom gun builders need bases too.
What is the barrel diameter where you want to mount the scope base?

What kind of base is on it in the picture, reason asked is get another one and mount it behind the one on there now, that should give you plenty of rail to support the rear of the scope mount. Or just move and re-mount the base further to the rear of the barrel that's there now.

What kind of base is on it in the picture, reason asked is get another one and mount it behind the one on there now, that should give you plenty of rail to support the rear of the scope mount. Or just move and re-mount the base further to the rear of the barrel that's there now.
It's a single barrel Unmen base that I'm hesitant to talk about due to forum rules.

The radius on the base is bigger than the barrel.

Too much side to side and end to end movement.

And my scope windage is maxing out before I'm on paper.

I would contact someplace like warne. They probably make a base but all of the searches are done by gun model not by dimensions so it is hard to find information to cross reference it. I suspect others have had the need for a 1" base. I would imagine a lot of old rimfire actions may have been made with 1" stock.

Latest posts

Back