• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I've Searched and Searched but Cannot Find a Scope Base for Frankenstuffer.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked it up and an Encore full bull is .997" and the breech of the standard barrels is also .997"

Get some pewter and pour you a base toss some fiberglass in it for additional strength.
That is the strangest combinations of items I've ever heard of.

But I can see how it would work.

Pewter melts at such a low temperature that it wouldn't affect the fiberglass in a negative way.

I have plenty of both items.

All three of my Frankenstuffer barrels are exactly one inch in diameter.

Days of online searching has turned up nothing. Anyone personally know of a base that runs between .950 and 1.00 inch?

Any bigger and the base will wobble on the barrel. At .950ish the outside edges of the radius will keep the base aligned. The one shown is 1.115 inches. But it's a tad misaligned.

As always, many thanks in advance.

PS: I accept any and all comments and or criticisms in my threads.
You might need to consider having a gunsmith drill and tap a hole to meet your needs.

The Encore base couldn't be better.

It never occurred to me to try them.

Always thought Encore barrels were the same diameter as H&R/NEF barrels.

Now to get the barrel squared up for mock up.

Attachments

• IMG_3022.JPG
    IMG_3022.JPG
    494.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Number 8 slots won't accept number 10 screws.

Sooooo.....

Need a lot of rise with that style cheek weld.

Attachments

• IMG_3023.JPG
    IMG_3023.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3024.JPG
    IMG_3024.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 0
Hate to even mention this...

but some "tacticool" (tacticrap) scope rings have addtional rail slots on top of 'em. Oh, and they fit 1" diameter scopes.

Some creative dremel action can certainly get you a front sight, rear sight will be mid-barrel after forearm or require more time in the WECSOG club (Wiley E Coyote School of Gunsmithing)

1690756487086.png

Back