• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is there a manufacturer of black powder ammo. Want to buy a original spencer rifle, but don’t want to reload rim fire cartridges.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum
To answer your question, as far as I know there isn't a manufacturer loading rimfire ammunition for Spencer rifles. The only rimfires right now out there are the modern rifles.

So the Spencer shoots rimfire fixed ammo..., we don't discuss such guns on this forum, according to our rules. ;) The cutoff is the gun needs to have been made no sooner than 1865, AND use an external ignition system, i.e. a cap, or a flint, etc. We do discuss cap-n-ball revolvers, even though many folks don't consider those "muzzleloaders", and we also don't discuss inline guns of any era. So for example a Henry lever action rifle is off limits, but a Sharps rifle that uses the old paper cartridges and a musket cap is fine, but one that uses modern cartridges is off limits.

LD

Pleased that some kind person on the Forum has pointed this Newbe in the right direction.
I know it's not a Muzzel loader but at least a helpful Member has pointed an NEW Antique
Rifle Shooter into the area he needs to be. We all have to learn new things and a sensible helper gains us some Brouny Points. OLD DOG..

Is there a manufacturer of black powder ammo? Want to purchase spencer rifle,but don’t want to reload rim fire cartridges! Does pedersoli make a Spencer rifle?
I only just noticed this post. As far as I am aware there is no one currently loading large calibre rimfire ammunition but there is a possible source of easily reloaded cases that don't require playing around with highly sensitive priming compounds and old rimfire cases. The source is in Belgium and the cases etc are not cheap. the guy is G. Henrotin email = [email protected]

I have bought reloadable pinfire brass etc. from him and I know he does rimfire. His solution is quite elegant in its simplicity.

Last edited:
Back