• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Maynard Model 2

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An uncle of mine had one and as a teenager it was a fun to shoot and remember it being more accurate than I would have thought. Still have some of the ammo from when we shot it. He gave the gun to his son, and when I asked my cousin about it he said his wife would not allow guns in the house so he sold it to a pawn shop. He was quite proud that he got enough out of it for a nice dinner…..

Hang on to the gun and shoot it.
can I talk you out of some of that brass?
and I am selling it for $1900 so certainly a price worth more than a nice diner!
Selling it for my mother in law. If I had the money for it I would keep it. :)

can I talk you out of some of that brass?
and I am selling it for $1900 so certainly a price worth more than a nice diner!
Selling it for my mother in law. If I had the money for it I would keep it. :)
I’d give you the brass, but I’m down to my last few rounds and hanging on to them. Gave too many away over the years to have much left. Maybe a pre-hoarder symptom? Or so-called display items? The other half has strong opinions.

Understand who’s gun it is and why your selling it, just suggesting you find a way to keep it. Hear they haven’t made any for quite some time. Relatively rare original functioning gun with some history. Some would say ‘sweet’. Maybe time for an early inheritance distribution, I don’t know.

And one thought about cleaning. If you happen to have a steam cleaner, it will clean those years of schmutz out of the fire channel like you wouldn’t believe.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I’ve talked myself about making an offer….. whatever you do, wish you the best of luck.

I’d give you the brass, but I’m down to my last few rounds and hanging on to them. Gave too many away over the years to have much left. Maybe a pre-hoarder symptom? Or so-called display items? The other half has strong opinions.

Understand who’s gun it is and why your selling it, just suggesting you find a way to keep it. Hear they haven’t made any for quite some time. Relatively rare original functioning gun with some history. Some would say ‘sweet’. Maybe time for an early inheritance distribution, I don’t know.

And one thought about cleaning. If you happen to have a steam cleaner, it will clean those years of schmutz out of the fire channel like you wouldn’t believe.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I’ve talked myself about making an offer….. whatever you do, wish you the best of luck.
all good, I understand
And I already got the fire channel cleaned
I used a sewing needle to get in there, then I popped a homemade musket cap, then I went at it with WD-40, the needle again, and blasts from a can of butane. Now it is clear and I am certain I could shoot it right now if I had a proper musket cap and brass.

I am withdrawing this for a couple of weeks.
I have some extras on the way for it and once I have them, have fired this carbine and taken better pictures I will be relisting this again. I have brass, musket caps, a Maynard tool and an old school loader ordered for it.

Will be of course increasing the price tag, but the deal will be sweeter and it will be ready to fire when sold.

I'd sure give yer better half an expensive bottle of wine and a back rub while "explaining" why you should keep it. GOTTA try miss Cyndi. Ya might have to make some stiff deals like no more toys for a year but family matters. Best of luck either way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back