• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is it not cricket to have a Craftsman toolbox as a shooter's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can make my gun FIRE and do basic cleaning and maintenance with things contained in my possibles bag, but for more complicated repairs, or parts and tools designated for all my ML'ers, I need my large shooting chest. I keep all tools, parts, powder, balls, patching, caps, jags, and all necessary casting equipment in there.

I am self sufficient with the shooting chest, I put that and my guns in the truck and I am ready to go. Usually, my Possibles bag is full and in the box, but I will transfer things from the chest to the bag if necessary.

CC, you really have trouble reading, don't you?

Or do you even take the time to do so before you spout off ??? :shake:

As I clearly stated, for me the typical wooden shooting box is too small and heavy, so not useful for the modern range where I bring and use a lot of modern gear. It is also not needed for treks and 'Vous where I use the bags for the far less (and more historical) gear I use in those modes. Besides, it's not HC.

Therefore, I neither need nor want one for either type of venue.

Others are free to use what they want.

As you are free to back up someone who was just pulling our legs.

I read just fine...
The problem is no one defines anything....so when someone says something contrary people take it personally because they think it is about them....When it is not.... :rotf:

Amazing how simple miscommunications can get peoples shorts in a bind..

If we simple took the time to examine other peoples perspectives rather than chastise them.....life would be a whole lot simpler....

Wow I'm impressed by the thought going in to this. I see every ones point. Alden wants to see even a non hc shooting line with nice looking stuff , many want to use for convinince. Small boxes were made in the old days and anyone could put small stuff in to it. So a shooting box isn't out of the question, or shooting port-man-do or shooting saddle bag. Beam in our own eyes. Alden's line will look best. Shooting from a bag most hc, shooting from plastic tool or fishing box cheapest and mote in the other guys eye.

There's a lot of room in this sport for everyone and whatever they want to use....different people and different needs call for different equipment......and that's all fine....

But let's face it the more modern your equipment and reasons.......the closer you are to a modern muzzleloader shooter instead of a traditional one....

The truth hurts....but it's the truth none the less....

That's a truism, I shoot historic on the range, in the field or at an event. I'm kinda dyed in the capote, I like my pots and pans and strike a light, and my knifes... What do you want from the sport.

What do you want from the sport.
That seems to be the million dollar question..

Everyone wants something different.....and I totally respect that...but some seem to want nothing at all....and that is hard to understand... :idunno:

colorado clyde said:
What do you want from the sport.
That seems to be the million dollar question.
No, the question was, "Is it not cricket to have a small Craftsman tool chest as a shooter's gear box?"

I think the consensus is...

At a modern range, it doesn't matter what you use.

At an event, follow the rules.

Why you guys always have to make these things about the people involved baffles me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back