• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is it not cricket to have a Craftsman toolbox as a shooter's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Bently

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Is it not cricket to have a small Craftsman tool chest as a shooter's gear box?

Everyone else has a wooden box or chest of some kind. My Craftsman tool chest cost $49.95 on sale. It has room for everything and it really helps keep things organized.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being judged for not having a wooden box or chest. Am I doing something wrong? Are my actions not cricket?

You worry to much, there are more Sears tool boxes and fishing tackle boxes being used than wood boxes, if you feel you are being judged 'cuase of your box find someone else to shoot with.

If your Craftsman brand box meets your needs, then it is "cricket". Don't let the wood box guys get to you.

At the matches I attend, all sorts and brands of boxes are in use.

My box with all my supplies is not wooden, but it works to keep everything organized. I take what I need to shoot and put it in leather bags and pouches to carry when on the range. Find what works for you to haul your shooting supplies, I wouldn't worry about being cricket at all.

I use a large, plastic, Plano fishing tackle box from Walmart, with trays, boxes, compartments, and fold-open sides. The latch on one of the sides is busted, so I keep it shut with a bungee cord.

On the range anything goes. I used a large wood box for many years but it got just too heavy to carry around for my old shoulders. I now use an old tackle box.

The next time someone criticizes your Craftsman box, just ask them if they came to the shooting range in their Ford pickup or if they need to check on their ox cart parked out in the hot sun! :blah:

If it works, it works. :thumbsup:

You could always paint it to look like wood. I have heard of people building up a wooden exterior on their igloo coolers for primitive camping.

Of course not !!! :nono:

You should have a Bostitch bag like me ! :haha:

I use a wooden box, but if you look inside, you'll find several plastic fishing boxes. I use a homemade wooden mallet with my ball starter, but the starter is some kind of plastic material. My patches are in film canisters and wife's empty make-up jars. My gun has a hickory ram rod, but mostly I use a stainless steel range rod. Go figure.

Naw, nothing to worry about. Use whatever works best for you. If anyone has a problem with that, just point out the bit of mistletoe attached to your shirt tail.

Just make sure its red as other colors wern't invented till 1845, :haha:
Your not reinacting or going primitive, you probably got jeans on and your cell phone at your hip. Think Irish here "thems that don't like me can leave me alone"

After you outshoot all the guys with the wooden boxes, you can snap the fasteners on your metal box, flash them all a big grin, :grin: and walk to your vehicle. :haha:

I have a steel fishing tackle box I have used since the early 1970's. No one laughs at me----- I may look to mean.

Heck yeah, use it,,
Might as well wear blue jean, cowboy boots and a baseball cap to keep the sun out of your eyes.
All those guy's with wood boxes at rendezvous at least attempting to keep modern gear hidden are just faking anyways.
Oh,, bring bottled water and keep your smartphone handy,, don't want to miss any calls and you may need to frequently check the time and weather radar app. That way if someone try's to talk to you,, you can avoid eye contact by texting somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back