• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Introductory Post

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockman1966

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I’m in JAX, FL and joined the forum seeking direction an guidance regarding a family heirloom.

My great-grandfather, Timothy Toomey, had a livery business in Coatesville, Chester County, PA. Chester County is adjacent to Lancaster County, home to so many early manufacturers of Pennsylvania long-rifles. He had 300 acres, which he primarily used to keep horses. Two interesting things about his property along East King’s Highway (Art. 30), the first is William “Buffalo Bill” Cody had wintered his horses on this farm, and the second, portions of the silent film classic, The Great Train Robbery, was filmed on his land.

Prior to selling the farm in the 70s we found Drepperd percussion long-rifle in the basement. There was a damaged section on the stock that my father filled with some sort of wood filler and the hammer was missing and he put on a generic hammer. I’m trying to find a gunsmith in the Richmond, VA area that works on this type of rifle.

Any help, suggestions, guidance, or direction would be very welcome. Sorry I am unable to include photos, but I will add these the next time I’m back in VA.

Rob

Hi Rob. Welcome to the forum! I don’t have any info regarding that gun, but I’m sure some members will. And I’m jealous of the weather you probably have down there! 12 degrees here this morning in western PA.

I’m in northeast FL. We do get frosts and a very rare flurry.
Born in Philly, made a vow to never shovel snow again.
Stores do have Tasty-Kakes.

Back