• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Introduction to Forum!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordy

50 Cal.
Reaction score
This looks to be a very good Forum,more traditional weapons featured than many[url] others.In[/url] the short time I've spent here,saw some posters from the CVA Forum'In fact thats howe I found it! A friend from the CVA site gave me the .com. I've been useing/shooting/repairing and enjoying firearms for nearly 60 years. Only been shooting black powder for 10 years or so.Wish I had gotten started with BP many years ago.I rarely shoot any centerfire guns anymore.I reside in far west Texas and Florida,right now I'm in Florida,I prefer Texas for hunting and shooting,but Florida is not too bad!All my guns are percussion,if I live long enough,hope to get a flinter, or two or three Etc.I build and craft all my gear,do some stocking build a little furniture,inlays Etc.I prefer to shoot real BP but Pyrodex does well when I can't obtain any.One thing with muzzleloading,theres always something new (or old)to learn.Hope to spen some enriching time on Your Forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifGordy

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick: Your 100% correct! Lot more of interest for traditionalst muzzleloaders like us. Hang in there winter is about spent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Gordy

gordy , Welcome to the camp. I live on the other side of the mountains. You'll fine all kinds of information here at the camp, I have. I too have percussion and flintlock rifles. I'm looking forward for less rain, more sun. I haven't shot my T/C flintlock yet. I can't wait.
Again welcome !!!!!! :)

Mtn-Man2u: Thanks for the welcome!Oregon is one state I hope to visit.So far I've been in about 41 of the lower 48.I hope Your flinter works well.I've only got perc.sidelocks .If the oppertunity comes at the same time as some money,I'll have one too. I'm really hopeing to gather the parts and build one,(don't hurt to dream a little).Keep Your Flints sharp and The Pan Covered! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifGordy

gordy, As you do alittle dreaming, check out this web site: www.cainsoutdoor.com
They deal with all kinds of black powder rifles, percussion, flintlocks, and kits for both models of rifles. They have all kinds of supplies. I enjoy checking out this web site. Take care, Steve :)

Rick: Thats more snow then I want to see!Been in the South too long ,it's got me spoiled.Lived and worked many years in the white stuff in Northen N.Y.State Mostly outside on construction,I've seen it -42degrees without the wind chill factor.Anyone that thinks it don't get cold up there,has never been through a bad winter! Still hopeing to get up Your way a little later.(when it warms up!)Again:thanks for steering me to this Forum.CVA is good but it is basically an in-line Forum,lots of knowlageable people,just not enough traditional talk.Mtn-Man2u: Your right about Cains,they do have some good deals on bbls.locks Etc.I don,t go there too often along with Track of the Wolf,Thunder Ridge and others.When I go to thease sites I get in trouble with the Wife as I tend to drool on the keyboard.Right now I'm building a patch box for my .45cal. Kentucky.I've made several over the past few years,most were fairly simple,This one is a little more elaborate,and is taking a little longer.I get much enjoyment working on traditional muzzleloaders and the many objects that go with them.Horns,Possible Bags.Loading Blocks,Knives,sheaths,Shot Pouches,Powder Chargers,Inlays Etc.and if I don't get too senile in the next couple of years,by gar I'll build me a flinter.May have to have the Grandsons hold it up while I shoot it but thats OK. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifGordy

Back