• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello to all.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not exactly new but I have been gone for a while.

Just a Florida cracker who works and sleeps and sometimes has time to play. The minutiae of my daily existence takes much of my time but when I have free time I enjoy riding motorcycles and of course shooting muzzleloaders and even slinging stones with a Shepherd sling such as David did in the Bible.

Currently sitting on my back porch casting 454 round ball with some degree of success. It's a bit nippy right now even here in Southwest Florida.

My three smoke producers are a Pietta 1858 sheriff's model and the North American arms super companion and a newly acquired 1863 Remington pocket model by Pietta.

I work the graveyard shift from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. or whenever my coworkers feel like moseying in...

Tonight is one of my nights off hence sitting here attempting to cast lead ball and making a introductory thread. I did go today and fire 8 rounds from my 1863 pocket model. While I am not sure where they went ultimately.... I'm pretty confident they went in a generally forward direction towards the backstop, at least.

Many years ago I did take a wild hog from around 90 ft distance with the 8-in barrel model of the 1858 but mostly I just like to punch paper. I tend to spend much time on a political forum but I won't get into politics too much here I promise...lol.

I have learned a lot about math and physics and science that I never learned in my younger years simply by being fascinated with ballistics. I am very handy with throwing a 2 to 4 oz egg Rock with the David sling and also like to practice traditional archery.... Just in case my powder and caps and lead should run a bit short.

I like to stick with plan A but life has taught me that I need to have a plan b and a plan c and a plan d and a plan e and a plan f..... Well you get the gist of it... A man must have options. Welding is also a lifetime hobby and sometimes profession of mine... Depending on who you ask, some might even call me a fabricator.

Anyhow thank you for welcoming me into the fold here and I hope to have many conversations here and learn what I can and hopefully help someone else to do the same.

~ Robert

Last edited:
This Michigander bids you welcome and cautions you about scammers or spammers. You have wits, keep them about you. If you detect a scam, report it and others will investigate. Every bit of dirt removed is a service to everyone. Thanks Steve

Latest posts

Back