• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Important Rendezvous for July

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Presley

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello to all Muzzleloaders,
Please take a moment to help us out!!!

Joy Presley is a senior at Rock Creek High School in North East Kansas.
Her High School requires all students to complete an exit project to graduate.

She has chosen to do her project on the value of historical reenactment.
The final for her project will be to hold an actual rendezvous.

We are asking all of you to come out
and camp in support of this project.

William Sublett Rendezvous
July 16, 17 &18
It will be held at
Corndodger Station, KS
Held In Cooperation with Kaw Valley Muzzleloaders Inc.

This is a standard Rendezvous with
Primitive and Modern Camping,
Rifle and Pistol Shooting Events,
Shotgun Shoot,
and
Knife & Hawk.

There will be wood, water, showers and outhouses on site
All Standard Rendezvous Rules Apply

This is a great opportunity to support a shooting event that is part of a high school program.
Rock Creek is not known for their support of firearms so it would be really great for this event to be a success.

For More Information or a map to the site
Contact Joy Presley at
1-785-494-2686

Or see the KVM Website for a map at
http://www.freetrapper.com/kvm

Makes me wish I was a little closer to Kansas. I sure hope her project is a success. I did an event at an archeological site in KY as part of my MA program. The anticipation just about kills you.

Remind her that she has set some objectives for her event, and as long as she meets those objectives the event is a success. We tend to measure success as the number of people in attendance, it should be measured as the quality of the event.

Is the wood good and available, is the water easy to access, are the ice runs and garbage pickups at a regular secquence, is the camp layout the best she could do with the site available. All of these things "make" an event pleasant and make you want to return in a year and do it again.

The events I really remember are the ones where someone stoped by and made me feel welcome, several times. They didn't just take my $$$ at the gate and forget about me for the rest of the weekend.

The little satisfaction card, like they use at fast food joints, is her key to success. If every one fills one out and indicates that they had a good experience, services were effecient and timely, staff was efficient and friendly, and they would return next year, her event was a success. If a large number of people show up so much the better.

My favorite event of the year (I usually attend 15-20) Is an out of the way place run by a small club that stresses good organization and a good, safe shoot. We always have everything we need and the staff almost makes a nuscence of themselves trying to make you feel at home. Me and fifty more camps wouldn't miss this event for anything. It grows every year (up from the ten origional camps 3 years ago).

In contrast, several of the national and regional events are always a disaster looking for a victim. The Eastern is always a disorganized mess that threatens ones health and sanity, this year's Southeastern was only "fair" as far as organization goes (and it was the best this year), and the Old Northwest (I just got back) was the worst organized event I have attended in many moons. 200 camps, camp layout not clearly marked, all water 1/2 mile away at the entrance to camp, not enough hooters, shoping poor quality due to mershants leaving after first weekend, camp access road dangerous beyond belief (one woman in critical condition due to car crash turning out of access road)

THE NATIONAL REENACTMENT & LIVING HISTORY FOUNDATION IS A JOKE

It is the young ones, like your daughter, organizing small events all over the nation, that make our "hobby" worth doing. Above all, I hope she has fun.

Oh yea!! Tell her that these words come from a 20 year high school History teacher who's seen a whole bunch of very good and very bad exit projects. Set attainable and logical objectives, concentrate on accomplishing those objectives, document the progress of the project. Numbers don't count, accomplishing the objectives is what counts.

Thank you very much for your kind and wise advice. I'm going to print your reply so see could use it for incouragement thanks again Rick

It's this weekend We are hoping that she has a good turn out. She said the money she makes will go to our clubs youth shoot in Sept.

Back