• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Kentucky, USA.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, GOD bless you. you are a great attribute to the hobby. toot.

Mark, what is your day job, that brings home the bacon ? just curious?

Mark, what is your day job, that brings home the bacon ? just curious?
I'm a retired letter carrier for the USPS and left in 2019. I worked 26.5 years walking 10 miles daily and got tired of working on Saturday all the time. I could never attend any BP shoots, trade shows or family functions.
After stockpiling the cash in the TSP for 26.5 years and the stock market exploded during the Trump Presidency, when I became eligible, I said goodbye.

10668940_10203012363141499_1801815265849114371_o.jpg

Mark, now I know how that you can travel any where that your mind takes you to all of the great posts that you post. GOD bless you. thanking for the reply to my question. all of those years must have been a killer on SHANKS MARE, that is what all of the old timer's used to call there feet when I was a young whipper snapper. being retired is great , I retired in 2000. a great photo thanks for posting it.

Mark, now I know how that you can travel any where that your mind takes you to all of the great posts that you post. GOD bless you. thanking for the reply to my question. all of those years must have been a killer on SHANKS MARE, that is what all of the old timer's used to call there feet when I was a young whipper snapper. being retired is great , I retired in 2000. a great photo thanks for posting it.
Thanks...Mrs. maniac and I already looking forward to attending the Kalamazoo ( Michigan ) Show in a few weeks, going back to Pennsylvania twice this year and off to South Carolina to shoot with some viewers down there. Excluding the Kalamazoo Weekend, all the other times I'll be using the cameras for future fun videos to post on the BPMS channel.
Hurry up summertime...!!

I enjoy your videos. I did a similar thing, I worked for the BOP. When it was time to go, I didn't look back.

I already know you will be with Darius in October, what other event brings you to Pennsylvania?
This year ( September 28-29, 2024 ) the Pioneer Flats FREE Shootout will be the last weekend of September. This will be a Saturday & Sunday all day free shoot at the 2 Mile Run County Park north of Franklin PA. I'm setting up 25 targets anywhere from 20-30 yards out. Roughly half of them will be tools to shoot. Things such as crowbars, chains, pipe wrenches, etc. I'm going to be hanging some steel zoo critter targets as well for the new shooters.

I believe Darius is interested in organizing a separate WW shoot with more difficult targets for those precision shooters that desire a more challenging course. Stuff like cutting playing cards in half, shooting strings or charcoal pieces, clay pigeons, etc. You'll need to call the store & ask about that event. ( 814-488-3118 )

I will be in the woods shooting the tools, etc. with anybody that is interested in learning how to shoot black powder. If they attend and have no gun, they will have the opportunity to shoot one of my flintlocks FREE all day long if they wish. I generally put well over 100 roundballs in the flintlock & percussion guns on Saturday. Probably at least 50 more round balls on Sunday.

Regarding other events.....since I'm a terrible shooter accuracy wise....I really have no desire to attend match play events. I'll come and watch them and if its interesting enough, I'll put a video together about the event. I've seen too much cut throat tactics some shooters does just to win a few dollars. That's not for me. I prefer getting a few shooters together and go plinking behind someone's barn. I supply the picnic items to eat & hang a few targets & plink trying out each other's guns and talking shop all afternoon.

Mrs. maniac and I will probably head somewhere in the NW part of Pennsylvania this summer ( to avoid the EZ-PASS tickets I seem to get annually when I go to PA ) for an afternoon of fun. That's not in stone though....Not sure where we will go yet.

Last edited:
I look forward to them. please post when they are ready.
Thanks.....I try to post new videos every Sunday when I'm in town.
It's just easier to post from the ol' computer instead of trying to post using a silly cell phone.
I won't post this Sunday because Mrs. Maniac and I are going to the Kalamazoo Show this weekend.
That show has been on my bucket list for 5-7 years now & I'm not getting any younger!
New video will be posted the next Sunday March 24th....
Thanks for watching them....

This year ( September 28-29, 2024 ) the Pioneer Flats FREE Shootout will be the last weekend of September. This will be a Saturday & Sunday all day free shoot at the 2 Mile Run County Park north of Franklin PA. I'm setting up 25 targets anywhere from 20-30 yards out. Roughly half of them will be tools to shoot. Things such as crowbars, chains, pipe wrenches, etc. I'm going to be hanging some steel zoo critter targets as well for the new shooters.

I believe Darius is interested in organizing a separate WW shoot with more difficult targets for those precision shooters that desire a more challenging course. Stuff like cutting playing cards in half, shooting strings or charcoal pieces, clay pigeons, etc. You'll need to call the store & ask about that event. ( 814-488-3118 )

I will be in the woods shooting the tools, etc. with anybody that is interested in learning how to shoot black powder. If they attend and have no gun, they will have the opportunity to shoot one of my flintlocks FREE all day long if they wish. I generally put well over 100 roundballs in the flintlock & percussion guns on Saturday. Probably at least 50 more round balls on Sunday.

Regarding other events.....since I'm a terrible shooter accuracy wise....I really have no desire to attend match play events. I'll come and watch them and if its interesting enough, I'll put a video together about the event. I've seen too much cut throat tactics some shooters does just to win a few dollars. That's not for me. I prefer getting a few shooters together and go plinking behind someone's barn. I supply the picnic items to eat & hang a few targets & plink trying out each other's guns and talking shop all afternoon.

Mrs. maniac and I will probably head somewhere in the NW part of Pennsylvania this summer ( to avoid the EZ-PASS tickets I seem to get annually when I go to PA ) for an afternoon of fun. That's not in stone though....Not sure where we will go yet.
I think it would be a blast (literally) to shoot with you. I'm going to try and make it to the Pioneer Flats shoot. I live about 3 hours from Franklin PA.

Back