• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Kentucky, USA.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark,

Always a pleasure watching your videos. I love when you try different things, like shooting two balls out of a rifle, and exploring the differences between how each rifle reacts, etc. I just watched your new “recovered lead” video. Fun times as always. I am a subscriber and would highly recommend that everyone else who views your videos subscribe too. I watched your videos and Bob McBride’s Black Powder TV videos long before I knew either of you were on this forum. You share a lot of helpful and interesting information. Keep doing what you are doing and I look forward to your next adventure!

Tim
(UndeadPoet)
A former KY/IN boy, now in NC
Thanks my friend......I have several more trying different things coming soon.

Mark, you you sure get around! that is a good thing!! we old timers that don't travel well don't have to leave the key board, and we are rite there with you, brother, thank you. toot.

Mark,

I was just doing my nightly ritual of seeing if there are any new BP videos out there. None tonight, but I did go back and rewatch a couple of yours with the Lyman GPR and the trade gun smoothbore. I noticed your shirt. That is Mrs. UndeadPoet’s alma mater. Small world, brother.

Keep makin’ smoke!

Colonel ‘Poet
( yes, a H.O.K.C.) :)

Attachments

• 74342D8F-DB1B-47AC-BFAF-680FE8D517B2.jpeg
    74342D8F-DB1B-47AC-BFAF-680FE8D517B2.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 38
Mark,

I was just doing my nightly ritual of seeing if there are any new BP videos out there. None tonight, but I did go back and rewatch a couple of yours with the Lyman GPR and the trade gun smoothbore. I noticed your shirt. That is Mrs. UndeadPoet’s alma mater. Small world, brother.

Keep makin’ smoke!

Colonel ‘Poet
( yes, a H.O.K.C.) :)
WOW...both of my kids graduated from EKU. It is a small world after all!

Your videos helped me get into black powder. Picked up a Traditions Hawken kit a couple months ago, and now I'm hooked. I have 3 muzzleloaders, a casting pot and now I'm saving up for a Kibler kit. Thanks for the informative and entertaining videos Mark!

Your videos helped me get into black powder. Picked up a Traditions Hawken kit a couple months ago, and now I'm hooked. I have 3 muzzleloaders, a casting pot and now I'm saving up for a Kibler kit. Thanks for the informative and entertaining videos Mark!
Aaaah, that's truly awesome.
Be VERY careful, once you start shooting BP, you will start leaving all our other guns home almost permanently...LOL
Looks like your hooked:

Hooked.jpg

Guess I'm not so new here anymore since I've been posting comments & videos for the past year or so....however, I'd like to tell a little about myself. I spent 30+ years in the metal detecting hobby detecting Civil War skirmish sites in KY, 100's of older homes in my local area, carnival sites, picnic grounds, WW II camps in Florida, SCUBA diving looking for jewelry in swimming holes around Tallahassee Florida, etc. from 1979 until 2013-14.
This was taken at a former 110 year old carnival site that gave up 1000's of older coins:

View attachment 91674

In 2013, I had my bride's ( Mrs BPMS ) brother give me an o' black powder gun. It was a Traditions Woodsman Hawken percussion rifle, 1/2 can of pyrodex and about 30-35 .490 round balls. I also received very minimal instructions on how to load and shoot it. I had balls stuck in the barrel, dry balled many times, broken ramrods.... I finally figured out how to pull a nipple & add powder behind the ball and shoot it out. I was so afraid of trying that the 1st time...I actually hung the gun in a tree, tied a long string to the trigger, stood way back & pulled the trigger. Since the gun was hanging downwards from a tree, I used a metal detector to ensure I got the ball out by finding in the ground.
This gift somewhat ended my metal detecting hobby days. I LOVED shooting that cap rifle so much, I just about quit all other hobbies I was involved with. Just after Christmas 2013, I mentioned to Mrs. BPMS that I'm interested in a flintlock rifle. While visiting Louisville KY, I stopped in the Cabela's to check out the flint guns. They had one Pedersoli KY gun on the shelf. I asked for discount & the employee gave me one. I bought it and 2 hawks & out the door we went.
It was a pretty gun for the first few months:

View attachment 91675

With all the scratches, nicks, being dropped, lying in bottom of canoes, etc...it doesn't look like that anymore.

One day, my daughter came home from high school and asked if I would help her make a commercial for a video editing class she was taking. We put together a commercial & she received an "A" for her work. I told myself...if she can do this, so can I. I started filming crude shooting videos and Hi-jacked her Youtube channel posting shooting videos...LOL
She came home one day from school and asked me NOT to put any videos on her channel because she was tired of all the comments "blowing" up her phone.

OK...I quit.

In October 2016, I started posting my own videos to the newly formed Black Powder Maniac Shooter Youtube Channel. If you haven't watched anything on it, its a channel full of wacky shooting of unusual things such as metal animal ( zoo critter ) targets, fidget spinners, BigFoot often gets spanked, magazines, ricochet shooting, shooting fully loaded cans of pop with the ladies, visiting other states and video taping new friends for videos, going to multiple trade shows, visiting the NMLRA events and showing others some really cool guns and anything else I can think of that sounds interesting related to the BP hobby. I have 15+ videos ready to post on the channel and filming new ones every week. I keep the channel clean of vulgarity, etc..... because I have lots of families tell me they allow their kids watch the videos. That's humbling......

Zoo critters....they don't look so pretty now...LOL

View attachment 91676

Occasionally, I talk to middle school groups, D.A.R meetings, etc. near my hometown about the frontier life and hardships they occurred living in KY during the 1780's:

View attachment 91677

In Mefford's Fort, a 1790's log cabin near my home I often stop by and talk to school kids:

View attachment 91678

I am now in a hobby I wished I started in 30+ years ago. Oh well, better late than not at all.
Ask Mrs BPMS, she will tell you I eat, breathe & sleep talking about these BP guns & the entire hobby as a whole. When we take a vacation these days....I always try to coordinate a day of shooting with a club or a family in another state for a fun future video project. Going back to Pennsylvania in October 2021 for another weekend of shooting fun.
That's enough for now.....Thanks for reading ..... have a blessed day.
Mark, I have always wondered what your day job is / was?

Guess I'm not so new here anymore since I've been posting comments & videos for the past year or so....however, I'd like to tell a little about myself. I spent 30+ years in the metal detecting hobby detecting Civil War skirmish sites in KY, 100's of older homes in my local area, carnival sites, picnic grounds, WW II camps in Florida, SCUBA diving looking for jewelry in swimming holes around Tallahassee Florida, etc. from 1979 until 2013-14.
This was taken at a former 110 year old carnival site that gave up 1000's of older coins:

View attachment 91674

In 2013, I had my bride's ( Mrs BPMS ) brother give me an o' black powder gun. It was a Traditions Woodsman Hawken percussion rifle, 1/2 can of pyrodex and about 30-35 .490 round balls. I also received very minimal instructions on how to load and shoot it. I had balls stuck in the barrel, dry balled many times, broken ramrods.... I finally figured out how to pull a nipple & add powder behind the ball and shoot it out. I was so afraid of trying that the 1st time...I actually hung the gun in a tree, tied a long string to the trigger, stood way back & pulled the trigger. Since the gun was hanging downwards from a tree, I used a metal detector to ensure I got the ball out by finding in the ground.
This gift somewhat ended my metal detecting hobby days. I LOVED shooting that cap rifle so much, I just about quit all other hobbies I was involved with. Just after Christmas 2013, I mentioned to Mrs. BPMS that I'm interested in a flintlock rifle. While visiting Louisville KY, I stopped in the Cabela's to check out the flint guns. They had one Pedersoli KY gun on the shelf. I asked for discount & the employee gave me one. I bought it and 2 hawks & out the door we went.
It was a pretty gun for the first few months:

View attachment 91675

With all the scratches, nicks, being dropped, lying in bottom of canoes, etc...it doesn't look like that anymore.

One day, my daughter came home from high school and asked if I would help her make a commercial for a video editing class she was taking. We put together a commercial & she received an "A" for her work. I told myself...if she can do this, so can I. I started filming crude shooting videos and Hi-jacked her Youtube channel posting shooting videos...LOL
She came home one day from school and asked me NOT to put any videos on her channel because she was tired of all the comments "blowing" up her phone.

OK...I quit.

In October 2016, I started posting my own videos to the newly formed Black Powder Maniac Shooter Youtube Channel. If you haven't watched anything on it, its a channel full of wacky shooting of unusual things such as metal animal ( zoo critter ) targets, fidget spinners, BigFoot often gets spanked, magazines, ricochet shooting, shooting fully loaded cans of pop with the ladies, visiting other states and video taping new friends for videos, going to multiple trade shows, visiting the NMLRA events and showing others some really cool guns and anything else I can think of that sounds interesting related to the BP hobby. I have 15+ videos ready to post on the channel and filming new ones every week. I keep the channel clean of vulgarity, etc..... because I have lots of families tell me they allow their kids watch the videos. That's humbling......

Zoo critters....they don't look so pretty now...LOL

View attachment 91676

Occasionally, I talk to middle school groups, D.A.R meetings, etc. near my hometown about the frontier life and hardships they occurred living in KY during the 1780's:

View attachment 91677

In Mefford's Fort, a 1790's log cabin near my home I often stop by and talk to school kids:

View attachment 91678

I am now in a hobby I wished I started in 30+ years ago. Oh well, better late than not at all.
Ask Mrs BPMS, she will tell you I eat, breathe & sleep talking about these BP guns & the entire hobby as a whole. When we take a vacation these days....I always try to coordinate a day of shooting with a club or a family in another state for a fun future video project. Going back to Pennsylvania in October 2021 for another weekend of shooting fun.
That's enough for now.....Thanks for reading ..... have a blessed day.
Howdy from Arkansas

WOW!! Mark as stated, that introduction is hard to beat. and yes you were BORN OUT OF SEASON.

Back