• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Images of kit Deringer?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone built a Deringer (or Derringer) kit, like the one from Traditions?

I was wondering if anyone made any changes or modifications to the basic stock or how they finished it. Most of the images I have seen were just sanded and finished.

On the Handgun forum ( which we are on now) go down about 15 titles to "Wanting Percussion CVA ideas and pictures" or something like that. You'll see a thread that was opened about a month ago. In it are some pretty good ideas. It also contains picture that I sent in of my CVA derringer. This will be on page two at the very top.

Also on page 3 of this same forum is a thread titled "Derringer" three down. It contains some knowledge of kits and I think theres a link or two in it also.

Just out of curiosity whats the going price on a derringer kit these days? And having never owned a traditions what is the caliber?

I was a bit surprised when the kit arrived and this pistol is only a bit smaller than my CVA pistol. Hardly the vest pocket gun Deringer made. We'll see how it shoots...

Thats my chief complaint of the CVA Derringer...it's too dang BIG! I have a couple 41 cal bbls and a small lock, i want to build a Derringer ala Dixie Guns Works...its much smaller and would fit in a vest pocket, i think.

Back