• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I ordered it.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wattsy

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Ill blame TG but it coulda been roundball, Musketman, Bountyhunter, or Others.

I ordered a new T/C "roundball" barrell in .54 cal from T/C today. 1 in 66 twist x 30" I believe.

I REALLLY wanted a "custom gun" but couldnt get Barry Hussein to pay for it (So much for hope and change) so this will make due untill some cash losens up.

Was getting 1" grps at 25 yards, 2.5" grps at 50, and 5-ish" grps at 100 yards with the .54 1 in 48 QLA barrel I have useing PRB's....I hope this will tighten it all up a tad. At the very least it will be fun to break in a new barrel and work up a hunting load.

Wife said connicals were just fine and that I shouldnt play with you guys anymore :wink:

I mainly like the .54cal RB barrel as it gives a little longer sighting plane, and its a little heavier which helps me cuts down muzzle wander.
I get excellent results with the following as a deer hunting load:

90grns Goex 3F
Oxyoke lubed wad
.018" or .020" pillow ticking
Hornady .530"

Which TC and how much did it set you back?

Been kicking the same idea around but the wife doesn't know it.

Steve

SteveP said:
Which TC and how much did it set you back?

Been kicking the same idea around but the wife doesn't know it.

Steve

The T/C Renegade. .54 cal The barrel was $185.00 plus $15.00 shipping. Cheaper then most.

Wattsy said:
Ill blame TG but it coulda been roundball, Musketman, Bountyhunter, or Others.

I ordered a new T/C "roundball" barrell in .54 cal from T/C today. 1 in 66 twist x 30" I believe.

Wasn't me, otherwise you would have ordered a brown bess... :haha:

Can't wait to hear how the new barrel shoots for you, should be a tack driver from what I hear. :thumbsup:

Wattsy,

I LOVE my T/C .54 roundball barrel. I like 80 grains of 3f Swiss under a .018 patched .530 roundball.

You done good ordering that barrel.

:thumbsup:
Spot

Latest posts

Back