• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I now belong to the Plains Pistola club!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Yep she arrived today. Wow sure feels different than the Remington Navy or the Colt!! More like a mini-rifle than a pistol.

All in all a fine piece of work methinks...a neat piece. I like it. Hope to have a range report soon, and I will probably stick with a hot loaded round ball. This one is a .50" calibre.

Rat

Don`t be dissappointed if the accuracy is not there at first. It takes at least 100 shots to get the barrel lapped in. This seems to hold true to all Lyman guns. Also, make sure you give `er a good scrubbin` before you shoot it. Have fun!!!

Hey thanks.

This is a used pistol, so she might be broke in, although she looks like she's only been slightly used so maybe not. very nice condition. Yep already gave her a scrubbing, greased up the internal lock parts, etc.

Stopped in and got balls for her yesterday. It was kind of a treat, as most of my other guns are "oddballs" (as far as walking into a store) as far as calibres. .58, .62 and .75.

Anyhow, there was anything and everything you can imagine for .50 calibre so of course I bought some ram-rod goodies for it. Try buying a .61" cleaning jag in your local sporting goods store!!! Wow...taylor made round balls were cheap!

Should be able to have some fun shooting it today. I think I'm gonna like this gun.

Rat

Back