• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting Swap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would certainly entertain the idea of paying to hunt private land as well. Cash would be a fair trade would'nt it? :grin:

I end up paying one way or another anyway, to get to Idaho, Utah, etc. And I refuse to shell out big money for one of those guided "hunts".

I'm open to trades, but can't be any money invloved in CO. Trades ok but taking money is outfitting without a license :shocked2:

Got ML and bow deer and elk. Maybe antelope too but takes more planning ahead.

Deer tags are by draw, ML tags by draw, elk bow over the counter.

can you imagine the taxidermist bill getting that fat sucker stuffed. hell i ain't got wall enough to hang his fat a** up. it would be the trophy of a lifetime though hehehe.
pieman

paying cash for a chance to hunt might open a whole new can of worms. i think some kind of mutually agreeable trade would be much better. we are a pretty diverse group here and you just never know what you might have that someone else would be interested in.
pieman

Not much of a challenge...going after him would essentially be a "canned" hunt. Throw a Burger King in the mix and it would be like baiting the game!

I'd be reluctant taking or give cash. Services or trade would be more appropriate for me.

pieman said:
paying cash for a chance to hunt might open a whole new can of worms. i think some kind of mutually agreeable trade would be much better. we are a pretty diverse group here and you just never know what you might have that someone else would be interested in.
pieman

I agree. Plus there are legalities to consider. Things can get ugly when money is involved.

HD

gees at this point i'm sorry i said anything about my past huntin season,,,,(it weren't good!)i'd have to offer somethin jus to get someone here! :haha: .. but i'm hopin now pieman will adopt me! gees that sounds nice! :grin: :wink:

Next real hunting here will be spring turkey season. The walk around the woods and look for sheds way off in the woods for a couple of days time is not far off. Mushroom hunting once things warm up. Then spring turkey season.
This week, three of us went out and took a little about 5 mile walk thru the woods. In some ways, this is the best time because no one else is out there!

marmotslayer said:
I'm open to trades, but can't be any money invloved in CO. Trades ok but taking money is outfitting without a license :shocked2:

Got ML and bow deer and elk. Maybe antelope too but takes more planning ahead.

Deer tags are by draw, ML tags by draw, elk bow over the counter.

Marmotslayer is right in CO case, in fact you're gonna be press hard by a DOW officer as to what you're doing in the woods with folks if you don't have a legal tag for that season.
Kinda mean in my book.
I'm all about bartering, used to do that with my Quebec cuz, I would go up there to boo hunt he would come down to white tail. Everybody makes out.

I had a "squirrel camp" last Sept. with a couple of friends and had a great time. I have access to about 500 acres that has good population of reds and greys. I will probably have another camp this fall,and a few more people would be great.

well daddy.. :haha: jordanville is 15 miles north of cooperstown.. 70 miles west of albany 40 miles east of utica but its only 20 miles from the adirondack park..small lil forest, few lakes,,about 6.6 million acres!,, even with all them points, easy way is... about 1/2 way between new york city and buffalo,almost far enough from each!

Hey.....I was up your way just the other day for work. I delivered in Oneonta, then had to go to Ilion. I went up route 28 to get there.

A question for you gentlemen East of here, and please forgive me if this sounds silly.

When you hunt on your own, or other private land, are you required to purchase licenses and tags?

In California you are required to be licensed and have a tag even if it's your own land. The theory is...you own the land but the state owns the animals.
I've only ever hunted on public land out of state and, of course, bought the proper license and non resident tags.
I like to do thing by-the-book. The ice under our hunting priveledges gets thinner by the minute.

Just curious what happens elsewhere :confused:

Bald Mtn Man said:
Hey.....I was up your way just the other day for work. I delivered in Oneonta, then had to go to Ilion. I went up route 28 to get there.
dang you was close!!! rt 28 only bout 15 miles from here,,lots closer to Ilion than Oneonta lots..see any snow? oughta be here today..drat! about 8...an still snowin.. :(

you don't need a small game license here if you hunt on your own property, but you do need one for deer and turkey. hell i always thought turkey was small game.
pieman

Latest posts

Back