• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting Swap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountainman56

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I’m wondering about starting a post for muzzleloader hunting swaps. A lot of us have access to one thing or another but would like to hunt something else occasionally. If by some chance it generates a lot of interest perhaps one day in the future we could have a post just for hunting swaps amongst our forum family. I think this would be a fine way to get in a wider range of hunting and also to meet more of the similarly addicted black powder folks from our campsite at the same time.

Anyhow to get the ball rollin I’ve always wanted to go on a good squirrel hunt. Since I live in West Texas that just doesn’t work out (no squirrels). In trade I could offer a West Texas whitetail spike or doe hunt. I could also trade a hunt for Rio Grande turkey (spring or fall). Dove is another possibility although in all honesty the last couple years the dove huntin has been kinda sad.

Anyone interested just PM or email me. If you have a hunt swap idea you would like to try just add it on here or add a topic of your own.

Brian

This is a GREAT idea!! :bow: Off the cuff I can throw in possiblilities at Columbian Blacktail, Roosevelt Elk, Northern Whitetail, Columbian Whitetail and a host of fishing that is available here in Oregon. All that aside I say again that this concept is a good idea. :applause:

now thats a grand idea that you have!!! i live in michigan and we have lots of squirrels. you can find blacks, grays, reds and the big fox squirrels as well. we also have a fairly long season on them. going from sept. 15th to march31st i think it is.
like i said it's a great idea and i'd like to see it catch on.
pieman

Our squirrel season is closed for a couple of months. When it opens back up, I have a small patch of my own and acess to a big patch of squirrel woods! I like going hunting and don't need a swap as an excuse! I would not mind meeting some of you also. Nothing fancy but there is a dry place to sleep, a decent kitchen, and a wood stove if it is cold.

Mountainman56 said:
Anyone interested just PM or email me. If you have a hunt swap idea you would like to try just add it on here or add a topic of your own.

Brian

Sounds like you may be on to something :thumbsup:

Hello that would be great if you want a good squirell hunt just pm me. I got plenty of great hard woods and good food. Im always willing to go on a good hunt here in Tn.

Great Idea. Can't offer any squirrels, but our gang likes to bust hogs and we could offer ml or bow hunting for deer and or elk during the month of September.

We have done a swap with guys from Nebraska for a few years now. They come out for regular rifle elk cow hunting and we go east for turkeys.

Ended up being great friends and hunting partners. All started with internet talk of a hunt swap.

Lots of Turkeys and Squirrels in Northeast PA if anyone is interested. Used to have lots of whitetails too...but not lately.

Also in the summer could add a bit of bass and trout fishing to the deal.

it looks as though there is a few folks who like the idea. i live in a real heavily deer infested area. are deer season usually runs from nov15th to around the first of jan. thats regular gun season, muzzleloader and then the late doe season. archery runs from the first of oct until the first of jan. our small game seasons are fairly long as well. i also own property along a stream in which you can fish for steelhead,salmon, bass, walleye, northerns, catfish, all manner of panfish,plus carp and suckers. many chances at some kind of outdoor sport here. anyone interested let me know.
pieman

bigbore442001 said:
I like the idea myself. The only problem with me is that would anyone want to hunt anything in the state of Massachusetts?
Ted Kennedy season? :hmm:

I am thinking of putting together a overnight walk in scout/turkey hunt this spring on private land. Any takers?
Be willing to trade room and board for a week long or so hunt in exchange for any hunt out west.
In the fall I got waterfowl in flooded timber, deer turkeys and small game.

Rat Trapper said:
Maybe we can get Claude to make up a special area here just for posting swap hunts??????

Might be something that can be added to the classified section.

HD

That's a great idea! Only problem for me is I got nothing to trade :( :(
I envy you guys with herds of whitetail cruising around your property.
I can only bow hunt on my land legally.
I do have public land near-by that offers pig, blacktail, and small game, but that's a gamble.

Mr. Gray said:
That's a great idea! Only problem for me is I got nothing to trade :( :(
I envy you guys with herds of whitetail cruising around your property.
I can only bow hunt on my land legally.
I do have public land near-by that offers pig, blacktail, and small game, but that's a gamble.

I'm sure many of us (me included) are in a similar situation. However, we may be able to offer something else. Guiding for instance for fishing is a thought. It's been a while but I used to know some incredible Trout fishing holes up north in British Columbia. Fly fishing mostly. Locally the Pink Salmon come during the summer months on odd years. My jet boat works very well for that.

How about services for a hunt. Anyone good with wood, metal, etc.? Get creative and I'm sure someone might want to trade.

I think this is great I got some land here in Tn. that has deer and turkey and squirell and would love to swap hunts to see different areas and different game like boar and other types turkey.

Back