• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy Nevada!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well Howdy all, I know I've already introduced myself a while back but I have just moved to, and still settling into, Nevada; Carson City/Minden area. ("just" like in 'last week'!)

I was wondering if anyone out there is in the area, could tell me where I can shoot other then the Carson City Gun Range, and help me find my way around with the in's and out's of Nevada?
Also if anyone knows of any events throughout the year (especially ones what might involve a little shooting)? I have found one group online but they seem to be scattered to winds now.

It will still be a bit before the wife will let me get out (ya, she wears the leggings in this tent) but I would sure like to start a list and check it twice over!

Attachments

• Nevada-USA.jpg
    Nevada-USA.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 68
Welcome ! I don’t live in Nevada. I would think about contacting your fish and game folks. The reason I say that is here in California, the fish and game people put on black powder safety courses. I’ve helped instruct at several classes for quite a few years. The classes are usually held ranges in various locations. Since it’s for black powder, you get to meet other like minded shooters. You could get some good information from the students attending the classes, or the instructors. I’d also stop in at the Cabela’s in Reno/ Boomtown, they may have what you’re looking for. :cool:

Also if anyone knows of any events throughout the year (especially ones what might involve a little shooting)? I have found one group online but they seem to be scattered to winds now.

Welcome to the forum!

There is a shooting range in Gardnerville: https://www.shooting.org/Ranges/Nevada/Gardnerville/Douglas_County_Shooting_Range

Eagle Valley Muzzleloaders out of Carson City: http://eaglevalleymuzzleloaders.org/ website has not been updated lately. Their rendezvous is/was just South West out of Carson City. This may be the club you mentioned in the quote above.

Lakes Crossing Muzzleloaders out of Reno: http://lakescrossingmuzzleloaders.org/LXML2019MemFlyer.pdf

Welcome ! I don’t live in Nevada. I would think about contacting your fish and game folks. The reason I say that is here in California, the fish and game people put on black powder safety courses. I’ve helped instruct at several classes for quite a few years. The classes are usually held ranges in various locations. Since it’s for black powder, you get to meet other like minded shooters. You could get some good information from the students attending the classes, or the instructors. I’d also stop in at the Cabela’s in Reno/ Boomtown, they may have what you’re looking for. :cool:

Thank you Doubledeuce 1, interesting as I just came from that Caif place you mention.
Many years ago the pirate group I was once with we all chose to take a series of Gun Safty Courses at out local ranges (some were out of San Diego , myself I attended NRA classes at Angeles Range) we took the standard Saftey Class and the Hunters Safty Class; not because we had to (for BP) but because we Wanted to in order to keep everyone safe: both us and the people we performed for.
However I could never find a "black powder" specific class within the L.A. area...matter of fact, Angeles Range was only place that even let me live fire - and is what drive me to San Diego Rendezvous where I met some fine folk...but a long long drive to and from!

I did meet a fellow from Carson City Gun Club when home hunting last month, says the run the range there - soon as I can get out I do indeed intend on hooking up there again....pretty much however; when mentioned BP he only said "Look online for groups" nice folk however, every one I have met here so far

Thank you Robert an saa fan!
Good starting point (and yes, that is the group I too had found before coming here, sounds like they are gone; even Carson City Gun Club mentioned them)

Well; gotta run to DMV to finish transferring our steel carriages then Get The Boxes Settled In so I can go SHOOTING!

I need to point out that this area of the forum is for new members to post something about themselves and meet the other forum members only.

If someone wants to make a post asking about stuff they should do it in the other areas of the forum that are set up for that kind of thing.

Sorry Zonie.
As I am still somewhat 'new' to the forum, could you please point me to the thread where where members new to an 'area' could meet and ask for local resources?
I am not seeking "stuff" and poking around I failed to see which thread my question would fit; please assist this newbie

Glad to hear you found the place to answer your question.

You really don't need to find an existing thread to ask your question. Just look at the different sub-forums and when you find one that you think will fit your question, make a new post that asks your question.
We have a bunch of different areas like one for smoothbores, one for flintlocks, one for percussion rifles, one for accessories, one for handguns and if none of those seem right for your question, we have the General Muzzleloading area.

Have fun. :)

Latest posts

Back