• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

From our lookout over the Arkansas River...........HI

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful place and it looks high enough to escape the spring floods.
Definitely high enough! During the last historic flood, water was all the way to the tree line on the other side. It's always an eerie feeling to sit in some of our duck blinds along the river and see flood water debris in trees 20 ft above you.

I live down river from you. Ft Smith, however I hunt Kerr and Vian some. How was duck season? Seems to be getting worse each year. Welcome
We started slow, then it got real good when that bitter cold front came through right before Christmas, then got real slow again. I really think two things are happening with the ducks. The dumb ducks are getting elliminated from the gene pool leaving us with extremely wary ducks. And second, the migration patterns are changing. Mallards aren't getting pushed down as much due to milder winters or their migration routes are changing. I hunt Sequoyah W.R sometimes too but its getting so busy there!

welcome from sunny arizona ..on the border...mustang mountains to the south and east...sonoita
IMG_5691.JPG

I really do appreciate where I live. Besides the Arkansas River at my feet, I have Greenleaf Lake, Fort Gibson Lake, Tenkiller Lake, Kerr Lake, scenic Illinois River, several historical sites,....all within an hour drive or less!
i was born in ponca city....went on camping trip with grandad at ten killer....love the country.....fred

Back