• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Minnesota

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy from Minnesota. Have been a black powder shooter on and off for many years. Was a civil war reenactor for a long time. I deer hunt with a muzzle loader. I have a lot of frinds that are serious black powder shooters. Trying my hand at sprucing up some hawks. I enjoy redoing stocks and metal to look more original. Looking forward to this summer getting out for some shooting and events. Maybe try a rendezvous or two.

Howdy right back! The only hunting I do is with a muzzle loader or a bow. When I was a teenager, I did hunt squirrel with a .22lr. When I discovered muzzle loaders, I never went back to modern guns. I do use modern for home defense, but hunting is now all BP, and not those stinking in-lines.

Last edited:
Howdy right back! The only hunting I do is with a muzzle loader or a bow. When I was a teenager, I did hunt squirrel with a .22lr. When I discovered muzzle loaders, I never went back to modern guns. I do use modern for home defense, but hunting is now all BP, and not those stinking in-lines.
I have been an archer for a long time. I only muzzle loader hunt now myself. I don't concern myself with whether I shoot a deer even though I did get a nice nine pointer a year ago with a muzzle loader. I just enjoy being in the woods and seeing critters and there is definitely a different feel when you have a smoke pole with you instead of a 30.06. My father and next youngest brother are also black powder hunters.

I have been an archer for a long time. I only muzzle loader hunt now myself. I don't concern myself with whether I shoot a deer even though I did get a nice nine pointer a year ago with a muzzle loader. I just enjoy being in the woods and seeing critters and there is definitely a different feel when you have a smoke pole with you instead of a 30.06. My father and next youngest brother are also black powder hunters.
My deer gun was a 30-30. After that, it was my full stock early Hawken flintlock in .62 caliber. My father and brother held other views. I was the black sheep of the family!

My deer gun was a 30-30. After that, it was my full stock early Hawken flintlock in .62 caliber. My father and brother held other views. I was the black sheep of the family!
My first muzzle loader was a TC 50 Hawken my wife bought me for a Christmas present. A friend of mine in the Army had one and I shot his so I ended up getting one. Still have it all theses years later. Have others now.

Welcome, from North Carolina! I also use to hunt, mostly with modern weapons. If I were to go out now, I would take one of my muzzleloaders or my Martin longbow and arrows made for me by my brother.

Howdy from Minnesota. Have been a black powder shooter on and off for many years. Was a civil war reenactor for a long time. I deer hunt with a muzzle loader. I have a lot of frinds that are serious black powder shooters. Trying my hand at sprucing up some hawks. I enjoy redoing stocks and metal to look more original. Looking forward to this summer getting out for some shooting and events. Maybe try a rendezvous or two.
be sure and post pictures. welcome to the forum

Back