• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Minnesota!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been lurking here and learning about muzzleloaders for the last several months from all of you. I finally purchased a Thompson New Englander for our MN muzzleloader season and took it on some nice walks. I've been enjoying patched round ball shooting, I had no idea this could be more than a 25yd loading before starting this journey! Thanks for the archived knowledge and I look forward to participating more in the community.

MistyMuzzy
Bemidji, Minnesota

Welcome from New York State's Central-Leatherstocking region.

The New Englander should have been the most favored ever T/C muzzleloader. I have the .50 and 12 gauge barrels for mine, and, for a percussion ignition, it is a treat. For many years I used the .50 in place of the alternately allowed shotgun rifled slug in this region. Nice little carbine.

I've been lurking here and learning about muzzleloaders for the last several months from all of you. I finally purchased a Thompson New Englander for our MN muzzleloader season and took it on some nice walks. I've been enjoying patched round ball shooting, I had no idea this could be more than a 25yd loading before starting this journey! Thanks for the archived knowledge and I look forward to participating more in the community.

MistyMuzzy
Bemidji, Minnesota
Welcome!!

MistyMuzzy
Bemidji, Minnesota
welcome from trail if you need or help with anything just drop me a message we're not that far apart

Welcome. Lots of great information here. I also have a .54 New Englander and it has taken some nice deer. I also use flintlock .54 and .62 smoothbore. Fell free to ask questions.

Mwal

Latest posts

Back