• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

how to measure inside barrel diameter?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad that you were able to do what you set out to do.
I kept asking myself, though, why this concern over the bore size beyond what is stated on the gun. I do appreciate the "l just wanted to know" mindset if that is what the motive was.
just wonderin'.
For future reference: Brass rods are readily and quickly available from McMaster-Carr. I keep a few at different sizes around.

Pete D. said:
Glad that you were able to do what you set out to do.
I kept asking myself, though, why this concern over the bore size beyond what is stated on the gun. I do appreciate the "l just wanted to know" mindset if that is what the motive was.
just wonderin'.
For future reference: Brass rods are readily and quickly available from McMaster-Carr. I keep a few at different sizes around.

in my case, whats stated on the gun is wrong and i knew this. i just didnt know how wrong it was :wink:

armisport claims this is a 69 caliber rifle which would make the bore diameter somewhere around .687. this rifle is in fact around .694-.696. thats almost .01 oversized :shocked2:. as a minie ball rifle i need to use minies that are close to .002 under land diameter in order to get good accuracy. (a standard 69 cal rifle would use a .685 minie while my rifle will use a .692 or .694 minie)

Back