• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How old are ya?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im always curious about the average age here.

• 0 to 30

Votes: 19 3.8%
  • 30 to 50

Votes: 73 14.5%
  • 50 to 60

Votes: 86 17.1%
  • 60 to 70

Votes: 161 31.9%
  • 70+

Votes: 165 32.7%

• Total voters
69 been working on guns for about 56 years. Been into black powder for about 10 years. I’d heard about them but never actually seen one in real life. Put together two kits, a CVA Kentucky rifle and a CVA Kentucky pistol. Hung em on a wall. About a year later ordered caps and powder and finally shot them. 🪝 like a 🎣 I’ve probably had over 150 muzzleloaders in my hands. They come and go. My love is working on them. Keeps me busy and out of trouble. And no I’m not a felon. For some reason some people think only felons own black powder guns. I was asked once “tell me your not a felon without telling me your not a felon” I replied “I have an LTC” didn’t get a response 😝
That is a lot of muzzleloaders! I never had anybody ask me if I was a felon, but then everybody knows that all of us gun totin' southerners are wearing ankle bracelets.

I turn 70 in May. I started muzzleloading in 1979. My first rifle was a Thompson Center Hawken. I got interested, and found out the TC was not a Hawken at all. I bought a kit from The Hawken Shop, which is historically correct. After a while, I became interested in other of the more ornate examples, such as Lancaster, and Bedford County.

The world, as it exist today and given its current direction, will no doubt breathe a sigh of relief when the vast majority of the members here are dead. We are an anachronism and I’m very proud of it.
I've been told that, but being a stubborn contrarian, I think I'll stick around til I'm a hundred or so just to aggravate them.

Back