• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How often do you all go shoot'in?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesthomas

70 Cal.
Reaction score
I was just wondering on this. During the summer I'll go about every other week, probably shoot about 30 times each time I go. When it starts to get toward fall I'll start to go more often to get ready for huntin' season. I hope to go huntin' more often this year. So far I have 900 rbs cast up. Think I have enough?.

Years ago I went nearly every weekend. These days, due to time and money constraints I don't get to go much. Maybe 6 times in a year...

Try to go at least every other weekend. Take one gun with me at a time. When I'm satisfied with the rifle, I'll take another one and do it all over again. All shooting is from the bench.
I'm thru with half of my rifles at this point.
Come closer to fall,I have selected which rifles to take hunting. I then practise off hand shooting at 75 yds.

I don't shoot nearly as m,uch as I would like. So far this year I have shot at home three times, and at two rendezvous and I am going to a rendezvous this weekend with out even taking the rifle (long story ). But I'll take it next week end!

Depending on work schedule and other responsibilities, it varies from 3-4 range trips per week, to one every 2-3 weeks. I do however practice with pelletguns in my backyard to maintain trigger control, sight picture, follow through and all the basics at least every other day.

Some guys play golf or tennis every week...my routine is basically the same except it's shooting a Flintlock every week, except during actual hunting seasons. Sometimes it'll be 2 trips a week, other times like during this record heat & humidity I've skipped 3-4 trips...but the month in / month out regimen is a 40 shot session / week.

Not nearly enough,...bout once a week this time of year. More often towards Fall.

Overall, averaged out over the year, about once a week. For about 6 weeks in the summer I shoot 3 or 4 times a week (Academic schedule allows a 6 week break from work, but before you get too envious, I also don't get PAID for those weeks either :wink: ). But due to restrictions where I usually shoot, all that shooting is modern firearms. Its a bit of a drive and cost to go to a range where I can shoot a muzzleloader, so that happens mostly toward fall, although I do shoot cap and ball revolvers once a month for cowboy action shooting.

Probably about once every three weeks, on average. Going to try and improve on that a bit :grin:

armakiller said:
So far I have 900 rbs cast up. Think I have enough?.

No, I think you need about 900 more! :haha:

I try to shoot about every other weekend but lately life has been getting in the way and once a month or so is about all I can swing.

HH 60

My range is my backyard so I shoot every saturday unless the weather is bad or its hunting season. On a average saturday I'll shoot 40-50 rnds. :hatsoff:

I like to practice once a week.

Then there's the monthly club bullseye shoot.

Spring/summer there's the trailwalks to add to it as well.

You'ld think I would be better at it by now.

Try to average out every week; muzzleloading when weather permits, spring, summer, fall.

Range is out back so it has been a pretty good average year round and with a new barrels to work in it has averaged about 200 balls per weekend

Year round 1 to 2 times a week.Private range
Less during hunting season Sept 15-Feb 15th
due to current dry conditions watering new apple trees more and shooting less :cursing:
shoot 15-20 lbs. of powder per year.
Been shooting smaller calibers so the powder last longer. :thumbsup:

Since I can no longer step out into my backyard and shoot like I use to enjoy, I try to get to the club range once a week. Don't always make it but when I do I shoot 35 to 55 balls. During hunting season I seldom get to the range and not so much in winter either. And yes, small caliber shooting and shooting plinking loads in the larger ones does conserve powder.

Living in the High Desert I shoot about every day. My thing right now is trying to make the shots on a card board British Soldier. The shots made by Tim Murphy during the ARW. Not there yet I am shooting a .54 flint East Tenn. Rifle by Steve Zihn.

Back