• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How often do you shoot?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twice a week at my BP only range, I could go any day of the week but it’s not much fun without the other guys to talk to while they’re dry balling… ;-)

From March thru September, I try to shoot twice a week. After that, I hunt and shoot very little. During the winter our BP range is closed unless you want to hike in with all your equipment.
I want to shoot at competitions during the summer but gas prices hold me back on traveling far.

About once a month on account of work and family obligations. My shooting these days invariably involves one or more teenage brother-in-law or cousin or family friend's kids tagging along. Range trips for me are an all day affair. Usually pistols in the morning, lunch, some shotgun if anyone is so inclined, then rifles until sundown.

No idea how many shots are taken but last months range trip burned through nearly seven pounds of powder, 3 FFF and 4 FF. The cost of restocking lead convinced me to finally get a casting setup. Granted that was spread across four boys and me. And the smoothbores take a nice big gulp of powder with each shot.

Well what a fantastic turnout to this thread! One would think from all the posts written here about shooting,...it seems a few of you might actually be able to find the time to participate in our monthly match here on the Forum?:thumb:
Thread 'January Postal Match Target' January Postal Match Target

I shoot something almost daily. I need to keep focused on my black powder shooting but I like to shoot the 120 year old engineering also!

Well what a fantastic turnout to this thread! One would think from all the posts written here about shooting,...it seems a few of you might actually be able to find the time to participate in our monthly match here on the Forum?:thumb:
Thread 'January Postal Match Target' January Postal Match Target
I need to start! I printed out the Thanksgiving one and my son shot it with his BB gun! haha

I shoot rain or shine sleet or snow. It shows me what I need to know when hunting comes around. Also what I need to change in my gear.

Its been a long winter this year. I talked to an old friend who snowmobiles constantly and I ask if he'd had his snowmobile out recently. His response was where I seem to be right now - "I'd rather talk about it than do it." Warmer weather might change all that, but really at this point I am not sure about that. We have a lot of winter left. I have two pounds of Swiss Powder to shoot, a BP shotgun, a new target rifle, and a couple of grandkids who I have corrupted. I guess I can't give up shooting completely.:) AND I have gun parts arriving in the next couple of days. Why do I do this. I have the easiest shooting range to get to (five minutes away), but would rather make guns than shot them.

Latest posts

Back