• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How do you buy your guns?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ya, that is a good one!

Before the flintlocks, I was all about a large ammo buy ahead of the election. Now I'm having a friend pick me up some powder. (The first debate results had a lot to do with that though).

Greg

Stumpkiller said:
Last three m/l I bought were on waiting lists of 18 months, 14 months and 18 months.

I just do not have the patience to order something that won't be here for a year or more. Actually, I wouldn't order anything (gun or anything else!) that wouldn't be here within 3 months, tops.

It may take me a year or more to find what I want, but I just couldn't actually order something and then wait for it so long. :td:

All this talk of custom flintlocks has me wondering. I could save for a couple years I guess if I really wanted to.

Greg

How do you buy your guns?

With money well hid from my wife :rotf:

When it comes to flintlocks, I have moved into the realm of custom guns. So my purchase often entails some planning, a lot of money saving and waiting. I am always looking for a good deal and will often buy something that I can "flip". As time goes by I get less and less interested in modern guns.

In The Ten Ring said:
All this talk of custom flintlocks has me wondering. I could save for a couple years I guess if I really wanted to.

Greg

Greg, I went through several 7-800.00 guns thinking they would be good enough. It is a challenge to save up money for a custom gun, but I have two now. I could easily get my money out of them and if I were patient could no doubt make some cash but I love them both and do not regret either purchase. It is worth the wait.

for me i buy hat i like but i do have my set prefs i follow
i like simple trigger flintlock in polished/grey steel trim and if it doesent fit this my will power is less unless it is in great cheap condition

IF I had the funds,which I don;t foresee anytime soon I would like to have a Flintlock.Got took with this pawn shop Percussion,spent what I had locating replacement parts for it. :surrender:

I`ve bought most of my guns when I`m not even looking to buy another gun. Most I`ve picked up because I happened to run across something different than anything I already have at a price to good to turn down and had the extra cash at the time.

A surprising number of mine came from passing through gun broker and seeing something really low in price and slapping a low bid on it and forgetting about it until I get the notice that I have won it :shocked2: :doh: They have all been great deals, TC's for $125, Lyman GPR's for $200, a brand new TC Seneca for $300, A kit TC Patriot unbuilt in the box, etc. I could have bought a nice custom fowler if these had not ambushed me :surrender:

Back