• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How did the itzie bitzie teenie weenie screws leave my work bench?????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, Last night as I am emptying the dryer.....I see my long missing wedge sitting on top of the dryer. WTH? I hadnt done any shooting, cleaning, whatever in a month....It has been missing for six months at least. I carefully picked it up, walked to my desk and placed it in a corner organizer ...alone, so the pens and pencils dont mug it and run off with it. I am going to be very curious to see if it is still there tonight.

Ha, had a issue with the Starrett dial caliber as it got out of time.:mad: No problem says I, get out the shop light, a nice white hanky, the smallest screw driver I have and take it apart. While doing this dial clock timing I am aware that the IBTW screws are still laying on the white hanky as planned. Ha ha, now the fun starts when I try to put it back together, two screws of the 4,GONE!! What is going on here? Naturally I look the area over two or three times wondering where and how they disappeared?? Moving the parts several times I see nothing but a clean hanky. After changing my mood from friendly to POd, I grabbed the caliper and looked at it.........There were two IBTW screws magnetized to the caliper jaws. Anyway, my mood changed back to Larry the Old fart and put the dial calipers back together. I didn't drop the screws, I just borrowed them to Uncle Murphy. 😂
Moral of this story
Don't ever give up lookin for your IBTW screws.
Larry

PS This is a blow up of 4 IBTW screws : :
They just do that!

Always Amazing How quickly the Gremlins re-appear after they've been evicted and how fast they've muliplied when they come back.Little B--gers are every where in my small workshop.Even with Magnetic trays,bowls, screw driver and pliers.. Rather Old Eyes don't help eiher..VERY--OLD DOG..

Yes! I have more than one spendy Pfiel paint can opener!!
Mine would be dead if she touched my carving chisels and knives. Her parents, however, years ago used one of my favorite decoy paint brushes to paint outside and left it in the sun while eating lunch.

I left my clip knife in my pants pocket one washing day, good thing wifey has learned to check them! She weren't none too happy when she found my knife, but at least it hadn't gone through the new washing machine!

Okay, Last night as I am emptying the dryer.....I see my long missing wedge sitting on top of the dryer. WTH? I hadnt done any shooting, cleaning, whatever in a month....It has been missing for six months at least. I carefully picked it up, walked to my desk and placed it in a corner organizer ...alone, so the pens and pencils dont mug it and run off with it. I am going to be very curious to see if it is still there tonight.
i would suggest printing this post Dave, and posting it in about 10 places in the house.
the kiss of death for me is "i will put this in this easy to remember place, no way can i forget where it is".

Been there, had alot of it happen!!!!!! Lost the cylinder latch spring on a revolver once, still looking for it. Very small out of a small frame Colt, luckelly area gun shop had an extra one laying around at no charge. Magnetic bowls, flat tupperware containers work well when messing with screws/small parts. Sometimes when disassembling I lay a 12'x12" piece of old t shirt over whatever I'm taking apart just in case something wants to go flying. Has worked at times. Lay a gun mat or old towel on bench when assemble/disassemble. Still looking for that cylinder latch spring and a metric die that rolled 'somewhere'! Gave up on a round detent ball off a rifle years ago, mostly because I moved from the place I lost it.

Worst place to drop something inside the house is shag carpet. Worst thing to find in shag carpet is a little girl's set of jacks in your bare feet. In the dark.
Or........LEGO's!!!!
In the dark......on linoleum.....right where I'd had bone graft surgery on my foot.....
The only way we got rid of the damage from me hitting the ceiling was when that old house was torn down.

Poltergeists.

i would suggest printing this post Dave, and posting it in about 10 places in the house.
the kiss of death for me is "i will put this in this easy to remember place, no way can i forget where it is".
I wish I knew where "someplace safe" is. So I could retrieve all the missing stuff.

LMAO !!! It was great reading these " losing parts " experiences and tools or parts just getting up and walking away ! SO frustrating at times !! I thought it was just me that had such things happen ! :)

My best one was I was showing my SIL's neighbor how to field strip his father's between the wars Colt 1911 and the barrel lug pin dropped out and into the shag carpeting. I sweated bullets until I found it but learned a good lesson. Never do anything on a shag carpet and never field strip someone else's valuable gun.
Did a lot of things on shag carpets back in the 70s that I don't regret!

Back