• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How did the itzie bitzie teenie weenie screws leave my work bench?????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst place to drop something inside the house is shag carpet. Worst thing to find in shag carpet is a little girl's set of jacks in your bare feet. In the dark.

Well at least you had the shag carpet to kinda take some of the bite outa a jack, back in the 80's I stepped on one in the dark on a tiled floor that didn't give at all. My kids after playing with them missed one when picking up. That metal jack embedded itself into my foot. Was limping for a while.

Ha, had a issue with the Starrett dial caliber as it got out of time.:mad: No problem says I, get out the shop light, a nice white hanky, the smallest screw driver I have and take it apart. While doing this dial clock timing I am aware that the IBTW screws are still laying on the white hanky as planned. Ha ha, now the fun starts when I try to put it back together, two screws of the 4,GONE!! What is going on here? Naturally I look the area over two or three times wondering where and how they disappeared?? Moving the parts several times I see nothing but a clean hanky. After changing my mood from friendly to POd, I grabbed the caliper and looked at it.........There were two IBTW screws magnetized to the caliper jaws. Anyway, my mood changed back to Larry the Old fart and put the dial calipers back together. I didn't drop the screws, I just borrowed them to Uncle Murphy. 😂
Moral of this story
Don't ever give up lookin for your IBTW screws.
Larry

PS This is a blow up of 4 IBTW screws : :
Well if you lose your dogs Nylabone I have become quite adept at finding them even in the dark......... especially in the dark! I have stepped on more then one of these things in my bare feet with a personal best being four in one daisy chain of pain.
KIMG1749.JPG

Back in the day, I served with an Air Cav troop at Ft. Carson, CO. Had a pilot lose his .38, during an "exercise".
We had to go back to ever LZ and conduct a shoulder to shoulder search of the LZ. Only took 3 or 4 times before item was recovered. Had the chance to do the same for compasses and binos!!

What happens to me is I lay my forearm across it while I'm working and the screws stick to my forearm long enough to be carried free of the table where they drop off in an attempt for freedom

Back in the day, I served with an Air Cav troop at Ft. Carson, CO. Had a pilot lose his .38, during an "exercise".
We had to go back to ever LZ and conduct a shoulder to shoulder search of the LZ. Only took 3 or 4 times before item was recovered. Had the chance to do the same for compasses and binos!!
I was in Germany with the 2AD. A guy " lost"his .45 and they did not stop till it was found. The Ssgt sold it to a German civilian. They got it back, the German went to prison and Ssgt went to Manheim. I also remember a guy getting jammed up for selling a gas mask to hock shop in Texas.

That sounds like a lot more fun than searching for an irreplaceable gun part.
I tried metal detectors as a hobby for a while, all I ever found was a truckload of aluminum pull tabs from the 70s. I was tuning a revolver on my dining room table once and the smallest spring you ever say when "kachink" and I distinctly remember it bouncing off my glasses but after that it was gone! So I broke out the metal detector in the dining room. My wife walked in and here I am sweeping the carpet with the metal detector with the headphones on and I had a gun in piece on the table.
I did find the spring though!

Back