• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How did the itzie bitzie teenie weenie screws leave my work bench?????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ha, had a issue with the Starrett dial caliber as it got out of time.:mad: No problem says I, get out the shop light, a nice white hanky, the smallest screw driver I have and take it apart. While doing this dial clock timing I am aware that the IBTW screws are still laying on the white hanky as planned. Ha ha, now the fun starts when I try to put it back together, two screws of the 4,GONE!! What is going on here? Naturally I look the area over two or three times wondering where and how they disappeared?? Moving the parts several times I see nothing but a clean hanky. After changing my mood from friendly to POd, I grabbed the caliper and looked at it.........There were two IBTW screws magnetized to the caliper jaws. Anyway, my mood changed back to Larry the Old fart and put the dial calipers back together. I didn't drop the screws, I just borrowed them to Uncle Murphy. 😂
Moral of this story
Don't ever give up lookin for your IBTW screws.
Larry

PS This is a blow up of 4 IBTW screws : :

Amazing how that happens! One of my wedges for my GPR simply evaporated one afternoon, as I was preparing for a week end shoot. Luckily I had some steel stock and was able to ping together a totally useable replacement. I ordered a replacement, then ....low and behold, the old one showed up! Great, thinks I, now I have a spare! The next day, I couldnt ...and still cant...find that damn wedge again!!!!

I’m missing 48” ramrod drill. Taped to it is a trigger and trigger plate.
Gone!
I have found the box, of course it’s empty. It’s just gone.
Where does a 48” ramrod drill go anyway?
I guesse I put it somewhere really really safe......

Gone!
Oh yeah, those really safe places....you'll never see it again!

Gone!
I figure someplace safe must be the biggest room in this house judging by what all has disappeared into it over the years.

Latest posts

Back