• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Houston, we have a problem!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike:

Fill, stain and charge more for all the time and trouble it took to "simulate" real worm holes :grin: :grin:

Mike F

Problem nearly solved by inlaying wood patches. Should be done this morning. I'll snap a picture this afternoon for you fellas. It's turning out pretty well. I'll run some carving across that area and stain it dark. It should be nearly invisible when done.
Of course this added a couple extra days to the project.... :shake:

""Of course this added a couple extra days to the project...."""
:hmm:
and, add time and half,,lets see..hourly times half! add the one, carry the nine..,round off to the nearest one.. 37 cents. :shocked2: :grin: please post some pics.. :thumbsup: only pic i would'a had is someone doin CPR on me tryin to revive me from shock! danged wormies! :shake:

Ok, all fixed now. :grin:
patches.jpg
[/img]

:thumbsup: VERY GOOD!!! nice job! never would've thought it..cool! :thumbsup: RC thanks fer sharin that!!! :hatsoff:

Hey Mike, I knew you were good, ..... but this is beyond good. It is utterly amazing. :applause: :applause: I do not have words. Fantastic Job :hatsoff: I hope you will post the end result.

Excellent!

But we've heard of barn guns, ya coulda left the holes and called it bilge gun! :haha:

Elnathan said:
You probably already know this, but the original Austrian rifle Eric Kettenburg has up on his website shows patches fixing exactly that problem in exactly that place. Is that a piece of European Walnut?

Tried to link to Eric's site, but the computer wouldn't do it. Don't know if the site is really down, or if my computer is acting strange again - it has been rather erratic today.
First , his website works quite well.I have no problems.
Question:Where is the Austrian Rifle on his website?

Mike you did a great job. :bow: :bow:
Looks great.A Master and his work. :thumbsup:
:hatsoff:

undertaker said:
Elnathan said:
You probably already know this, but the original Austrian rifle Eric Kettenburg has up on his website shows patches fixing exactly that problem in exactly that place. Is that a piece of European Walnut?

Tried to link to Eric's site, but the computer wouldn't do it. Don't know if the site is really down, or if my computer is acting strange again - it has been rather erratic today.
First , his website works quite well.I have no problems.
Question:Where is the Austrian Rifle on his website?

Mike you did a great job. :bow: :bow:
Looks great.A Master and his work. :thumbsup:

Look for "Anatomy of an Austrian Hunting Rifle." Probably under "articles" - I can't check as I still can't access his website. :(

Elnathan said:
Look for "Anatomy of an Austrian Hunting Rifle." Probably under "articles" - I can't check as I still can't access his website. :(
No "articles".
Only links for his rifles. :hmm:

I guess I am weird I would have loved to see you fix it by accenting the worm damage with some kind of filler that still showed off the shape of the holes but filled the stock up right for a proper finish.

I know that is no good for gun sales but I just thought it would look cool.

undertaker said:
Elnathan said:
No "articles".
Only links for his rifles. :hmm:

Bah. Finally was able to get on his site, and, yeah, all his articles are gone. I wish he would stop doing that. Fortunately, I have the article saved. :grin:

Latest posts

Back