• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

shipping revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on where YOU live and where they're going.
Most states? Muzzleloaders are NOT classed as firearms.
But then there those b*** kissing liberal States and Counties that will ban a brownie.
California has a few of them. Muzzleloaders are BAD, like Orange Man. :(
And you wonder why some will list NO SALES TO CALIFORNIA. :oops:

This subject comes up all the time on the forum CHECK WITH WHO YOU WILL SHIP WITH: Thats who you will have to work thru anyways:rolleyes:................

I joined 'stamps.com'. I packed the revolver. Weighed the box. Put postage and type of mail. Put in box receptacle at PO. Got to Texas destination in 5 days. Did the same for revolver cylinders. Only bad thing is now I have a monthly fee on Stamps.com. Need to terminate the subscription or sell something else. Still got 2 revolvers to sell soon.

Best not to tell the shipping clerk what is in the box. First, it is none of his business, second, he probably will not know the laws/rules and will err on the side of caution to save his own behind. He doesn't care about you. The USPS has no issues shipping muzzleloaders, no rules about them and there are no laws against it. I shipped a muzzleloading rifle and pepperbox out of Iraq some years back. Customs did open the package, but shipped it on without issue. They never even asked me how I got it INTO Iraq in the first place. That might have been illegal under Iraqi law, but it was war so nobody cared.

Why are you even telling them anything?
If you box it and take it to them for postage, the question is regarding anything liquid, hazardous or perishable. The correct, and only answer required, is no.

If you use Click and Ship, box it, weigh it, and answer the question. Print the label, tape it to the box and be done with it. Most you have to say is have a nice day.

Back