• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy, Varga, and Welcome from The Goodlands!
You'll find lots of advice here.
Some of it will be good!
If you have good advice to share, or stories to tell, come have a seat at the campfire. 🔥

I have a good story:
Once upon a time in Texas, it wasn't 100 degrees. 🌞
And we lived happily ever after. 🤠

I know, fantasy, right?

Howdy, Varga, and Welcome from The Goodlands!
You'll find lots of advice here.
Some of it will be good!
If you have good advice to share, or stories to tell, come have a seat at the campfire. 🔥

I have a good story:
Once upon a time in Texas, it wasn't 100 degrees. 🌞
And we lived happily ever after. 🤠

I know, fantasy, right?
Thanks John. Any idea as to where in N. Houston I can find some FFG Goex?

Hi. I live in Tomball, TX just north of Houston. I'm returning to muzzleloaders after some time away doing other things (work). I have alot of centerfire firearms and just picked up a Zoli Zouave .58 On Gunbroker. I'm looking forward to learning from you all. I'm also former Army, LEO, and oil field.
Check out HSmithTX he is a member here and lives in Tomball. You might be able to shoot together?

Thanks John. Any idea as to where in N. Houston I can find some FFG Goex?
I bought some Swiss from 10-Ring on Jones Road back before covid, but I haven't been there since then.
And it was around $35 even before the current shortage.
Last time I looked, Carter's Country had BP substitutes, but no real BP.
I can't believe that a city as big has Houston doesn't have any BP for sale!
I've been using some reimbursement BP that I got at San Jacinto, but not lately, with the heat.
I wish you the best of luck finding some.
And caps.....

I bought some Swiss from 10-Ring on Jones Road back before covid, but I haven't been there since then.
I've been using some reimbursement BP that I got at San Jacinto, but not lately, with the heat.
And caps.....
Thanks. I'll check 10 rings and Carters.

And caps.....
I bought caps from 10 Ring while visiting my son in Magnolia. But I think it was in Cypress. They have a good black powder section. John is the store you mentioned the same one or do they have other stores ?

I bought caps from 10 Ring while visiting my son in Magnolia. But I think it was in Cypress.
It's in Cypress, on Jones Road.
The roads run at all different angles in that area, so there's no dead reckoning. Use a map.
They had everything but Goex at the time.
I would call before going, just to make sure they were stocked.

Hi. I live in Tomball, TX just north of Houston. I'm returning to muzzleloaders after some time away doing other things (work). I have alot of centerfire firearms and just picked up a Zoli Zouave .58 On Gunbroker. I'm looking forward to learning from you all. I'm also former Army, LEO, and oil field.
Welcome from the Piney Woods of East Texas.

Back