• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hopkins and Allen .45 underhammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that the capping procedure can be kind of dicey. I was trying to cap with one of the number 11 caps and the hammer slipped out of my fingers for an accidental discharge. I was sitting in the back of my hatchback and luckily the rifle was pointed away from me up into the tree line when I was capping it. Everybody seriously freaked out as well as myself because I had no idea how it happened.

That's when I decided to switch to musket caps because I can put one of those on while it's on half instead of full.

I've been thinking about the way to develop a sort of safety mechanism for it, although that may take more fabricating work than I'm capable of.
Oohh.
That would have been extremely loud in a hatchedbck car 🚗 😳
Glad you all came out ok.
Hope you had it pointd out the window?
made a safety myself.
Bit just point at safe position .
I made up a shaped wood but it fell out somewhere .
Glad you are all OK after that & hopefully your car liquid sunshine dosnt come dripping inside your auto nowadays?
Kia Ora Tatou
Chris

Oohh.
That would have been extremely loud in a hatchedbck car 🚗 😳
Glad you all came out ok.
Hope you had it pointd out the window?
made a safety myself.
Bit just point at safe position .
I made up a shaped wood but it fell out somewhere .
Glad you are all OK after that & hopefully your car liquid sunshine dosnt come dripping inside your auto nowadays?
Kia Ora Tatou
Chris
I was thankfully on the tailgate with the muzzle pointed safe direction. Thankfully my car is not leaking liquid sunshine in the trunk area.

Latest posts

Back