• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hopkins & Allen O/U .45 cal by Numrich

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking at a nice H&A O/U rifle in .45 caliber and for the life of me, I can't figure out how it works as a double rifle. The barrels can't swivel since they're rigidly secured top and bottom and it would seem that you have to use a screw driver to loosen the upper tang to extract the barrels, turn them over and then reinsert them.

Has anyone had any experience with one of these?

The picture in the Numrich Book appears to show it as ,it does rotate the barrels..can't say for sure as the picture is not all that clear...

My Hopkins and Allen is a swivel breech. You just cock the lock and spin the barrels. :idunno:

Well, this can't swivel as made. It appears that you have to pull the barrels forward and then reseat them in the breech. Anyone seen one like that??

My error--what appeared to be a solid breech turned out to be a frozen together swivel plate and breech. Turned out the machine screw pivot, popped the plate, freed the detents and we're back in business.

Thanks folks.

You just have to love it when a plan comes together,,good shooting,,smoke drifting across the target wonderful to see,

Back