• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

High Antimony Copper pltd.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik550c

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey there. I just bought a 10 lbs. bag of copper plated shot. It appeared to have lead only on the bag in the picture, but when I saw the actual bag when I received it I learned that it contained a lead high antimony core. I know the copper is softer than my tungsten shot, but will the harder antimony scrape my chrome plated smoothbore sxs Pedersoli 12 gauge?

Merry Christmas, the birth of our Lord!

Shoot it up. Antimony as an alloy in lead won't harm your bore even a smidgen. Meanwhile it's likely to pattern better than pure lead, simply because the shot won't deform as much on firing.

BrownBear said:
Shoot it up. Antimony as an alloy in lead won't harm your bore even a smidgen. Meanwhile it's likely to pattern better than pure lead, simply because the shot won't deform as much on firing.

Wonderful! Merry Christmas. Just got my first rabbit today, but not with my shotgun.

Back