• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help Identifying

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coinneach,
Hi. Well, it's Nice to hear back from you. :thumb: I have another 6 years before I retire...Not sure I want to but we will see. Say, how is that WANO powder? I've heard of but never used any. How does it compare with Swiss or the Old Eynsford? Assuming you have used either of those? 3kg equates to about 6.5 pounds roughly if my extrapolation is correct? The price sounds very good as well!!! That's about roughly $70 here!! WOW. Correct me if I am wrong on that please. You must have been good all year long!! 😇 How do you keep the "occasional hookups" a secret from Santa?

I've used a wide range of Powders over the years, but never Pyrodex.
The Swiss powder was excellent but relatively unobtainable here nowadays, the German WANO powder is really good IME.
I havent used the Old Eynsford powder at all and I dont think its available over here.

Ref "the "occasional hookups" I'm out of the relationship game playing nowadays, take my holidays in Asia (pre Covid BS) and will again when the borders open up.

If you can afford powder and lead, there is no reason you can't afford one of these borescopes from Amazon.

Teslong Rifle Borescope, Short Focus Gun Barrel Camera with Side-View Mirror.195 inches Caliber for All Barrel Inspection, Compatibale with Android, Mac, Windows, Linux, 1.0 Megapixel
4.5 out of 5 stars 191
$49.99$49.99 $69.99$69.99

DAMN! I love how easy it is to add files to this FORUM!!!!!
I use a Maglite Solitaire flashlight it will drop down barrels .50 and over , I am sure you would be able to find a small led flashlight which will be easier to use and carry into a shop . always ask the salesman first , I also have a very small led bore light that is powered by 2 watch batteries made for me by a watchmaker mate .

Toot.... Yes I did:ThankYou: I must say, I got quite a chuckle out of that remark!! HAHAHAHAHAHA...Marriage is an institution....So is Prison!! May I borrow that from you sir? 😂
yes you may use it. I am honored that you want to t.

Toot, I have those senior moments too. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the warm welcome I have received from everyone on this thread! You know, me being the kid on the block and all? It's very nice here.
Thanks,
Tim
you are so very Welcome. great to have you on bosrd!

I use a Maglite Solitaire flashlight it will drop down barrels .50 and over , I am sure you would be able to find a small led flashlight which will be easier to use and carry into a shop . always ask the salesman first , I also have a very small led bore light that is powered by 2 watch batteries made for me by a watchmaker mate .
Cutfinger, Good morning. That is a fantastic idea I hadn't thought of!! I think I may even have one small enough in my tool pouch? I will have to see but I may be wrong. Need to be smaller than your average "little" flashlight at the hardware store. Is the Maglite Solitaire easy to find? On line or in Home Depot? etc? Thank you for you thoughts sir. I appreciate the great idea and yes, I would ask the salesman for approval. :thumb:

Value is always set by what someone is willing to pay for an item.
What’s your interest in the gun, long time ownership and use, availability of similar items in your area, ?? make an offer using info supplied here and go from there.
I am a firm believer in “equity” return by ownership and use”😊

What’s your interest in the gun, long time ownership and use, availability of similar items in your area, ?? make an offer using info supplied here and go from there.
Whughett, good morning sir. Thank you very much for your suggestions and advice. Much appreciated! :thumb:

Cutfinger, Good morning. That is a fantastic idea I hadn't thought of!! I think I may even have one small enough in my tool pouch? I will have to see but I may be wrong. Need to be smaller than your average "little" flashlight at the hardware store. Is the Maglite Solitaire easy to find? On line or in Home Depot? etc? Thank you for you thoughts sir. I appreciate the great idea and yes, I would ask the salesman for approval. :thumb:
I am 8600 + miles from the USA so I cant help with finding a suitable flashlight 🙂 I guess what you need is a a LED flashlight that uses AAAA or smaller batteries . .These small flashlights ( I call them torches ) can also be put in breach modern unmentionable firearms ,

What you want is a Thill Night Brite battery light for a fishing lure. @Cutfinger, I know that you can't just go to Wal-Mart and pick one up, but surely someone in New Zealand should have something like it. Its bright enough and small enough to fit most bores.
1639263537536.png

Hey Zulch, as an additional to my last, when you do retire buy yourself a top quality Muzzleloader Rifle or Smoothbore of your choice; you know that one special Gun you could never afford before. If you can get one made for you in the style you've been salivating about all these years.
Do it for you, commemorate your endurance in the workforce and sanity survival !

What you want is a Thill Night Brite battery light for a fishing lure. @Cutfinger, I know that you can't just go to Wal-Mart and pick one up, but surely someone in New Zealand should have something like it. Its bright enough and small enough to fit most bores.
View attachment 108944
I have a seriously good custom made bore light about 1" long and .3" wide using watch batteries , but I will look in local fishing shops for that light . Cheers Dunc

I have a flashlight made in China with a modified LED which enables me to see Deer at a mile . All legal here in NZ

How long have you had it ?
Every "Made in China" flashlight I owned has failed me, sooner or later it happens.
The last one was a Coleman alloy bodied item, after a few months the switch gave out.

My American made Buffalo River rechargeable high powered (540 lumens) Spotlight seems good value though, but I need the smaller hand flashlight for general use because I live off Grid and rely on reliable sustainable technology.

"On a track only crossed by those who are lost ,One Michael M'Gee had a shanty"
from " A B Paterson's 'a bush Christening'.
Just threw that in. Rudyard .

Your quite welcome Ime full of Pattersons & Henry Lawson besides Kipling and the Er Other ! .Rudyard

How long have you had it ?
Every "Made in China" flashlight I owned has failed me, sooner or later it happens.
The last one was a Coleman alloy bodied item, after a few months the switch gave out.

My American made Buffalo River rechargeable high powered (540 lumens) Spotlight seems good value though, but I need the smaller hand flashlight for general use because I live off Grid and rely on reliable sustainable technology.
My Flashlight is 1650 Lumens and uses a LED which was modified by New Zealand hunters to give a tight beam and is now made in China It is a Maxtoch Hunter Pro .it uses rechargeable batteries , same ones as used in their thousands in electric cars . Google it

an item is only worth what ever the market will bare!

Latest posts

Back